Courting Miss Greene Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The weight was lifted from her body. Abby was afraid it would stop when her hands were released as well, but then her breasts were being touched instead. If Abby had know this would happen, she would have taking off her chemise to feel those hands on her naked skin.

After a while, the hands withdrew from her breasts and the weight was removed from the bed entirely. Was this the end? Surely he could not leave her like this! Abby wanted him to take her, even if he were some random thief. She was so ready for it, but he left her wanting more.

Abby wanted to cry, but she fell asleep instead.

~*~

"Hey, Abby!"

"Abby?"

"Aaaabbyyyy!"

Abby startled out of her reverie when Lizzy waved a hand in front of her face. Everybody at the table was staring at her. "I'm sorry. Is something wrong?" she asked.

"I should ask you, Abby!" her younger sister asked. "It's not like you to get lost in daydreams like that!"

"Didn't you sleep well last night?" asked Robert.

"Erm..." Abby threw a glance at Lizzy and then at Robert. She wanted to ask him about the liquor, but she remembered it had not been on her dresser when she woke up that morning. Had it all been a dream? Abby looked down at the table. Most plates were empty, but hers was still full. How long had she been out? Well, she could hardly tell anyone about what happened last night. It was entirely inappropriate. She would have to admit she was willing to give up her precious maidenhood to a perfect stranger, even if he were only a dream. No, she would have to keep it to herself.

"Aren't you going to finish that?" asked Ginny, pointing at Abby's plate.

"You must," said Robert before Abby could answer. "I won't excuse you from this table until you've had a proper meal. My father is coming home today and I won't have you faint in front of him. It would reflect poorly on me as your host."

"Oh, of course," said Abby. "We can't have that!" She poked at her plate. Abby could not taste much of her food, but she chewed and swallowed it nonetheless. Ginny and Lizzy started to chat about their dresses, but they did not have anything of interest to say. Abby reckoned they were merely trying to draw away the attention so she could eat without everybody staring at her. She was thankful for that.

According to schedule, Albert Clark arrived at Alder Hill that afternoon. All the servants lined up outside to greet him, whereas Robert and his guests waited in the hall.

"Welcome home, father!" said Robert when the older man entered the house.

"Bobby!" Uncle Albert embraced his son. "How are you, Jonathan? Isabell, you're looking well!" he said, greeting Ethan's parents. "Ethan, so you're a married man now! Congratulations! I hope my boys will follow your shining example one of these days!"

Robert glanced at Lizzy while his father spoke. Her eyes met his, but she was quick to look away again.

Uncle Albert turned to Ginny. "Ah! This must be the little wife. Welcome to the family, my dear. Virginia, was it? And these young ladies are...?"

"Abigale and Elizabeth Greene, my sisters-in-law," answered Ethan.

"Well, aren't they all lovely? And with those darling freckles too... some have more than others though," observed Uncle Albert, peering at each of them in turn as if he were counting their speckles, causing all three sisters to giggle. All of a sudden he looked around. "Where's Tommy?"

"He, erm, had some business to attend to," answered Robert, "but I'm sure he'll be back in time."

"Ah! I'm sure he will," replied Uncle Albert, "unless he's chasing tavern wenches again!"

Robert palmed his face while his father burst into laughter, leaving their guests with raised eyebrows.

From the top of the staircase, Thomas followed the conversation down the hall. "No, father. I'm not chasing tavern wenches," he smiled to himself.

"Not this time."

~*~