Courting Miss Greene Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thomas was nowhere in sight.

Abby's flight had taken them deeper into the woods instead of the intended shortcut into town. She supposed Thomas had to be hiding behind a tree somewhere, but he did not know the forest. At least not as well as she did. Abby kept surveying her surroundings while she crept into the shrubbery as silently as she could. There was a smaller path on the other side, leading up the slope. She should be able to spot Thomas from that vantage point.

It seemed like a good idea at first, but the shrubbery only grew denser the further Abby crawled through it. The girl scolded herself. The forest had changed in the many years since she last played there, and so had she. Abby stopped for a moment to untangle her hair and decided to follow whatever path seemed best accessible to her. When she got out, Abby found herself in a place she did not recognize.

"Oh, great!" she said with a sigh. Now she had gotten herself lost, just because she wanted to beat Thomas in their little game of hide 'n seek. Abby turned around to retrace her steps when she heard something rustling in the shrubbery.

Thomas must have followed her!

The girl slipped away, looking for a place to hide. She had no intention of getting caught now. Abby tiptoed from tree to tree until she reached a clearing. She gasped in surprise when she realized she had seen this place before. Quite recently, in fact.

Her heart pounded while she moved forward. She was sure of it now. This was the place she had dreamed about in Alder Hill! Just when Abby sensed a presence behind her, she was pulled back by her arms.

"Don't be afraid," a low yet familiar voice whispered in her ear.

The girl leaned back against her captor. "I'm not afraid," she whispered in return while her heart pounded in anticipation. She smiled and closed her eyes, waiting for him to continue.

His hands moved up and down her arms while he kissed her neck. After a while he started tugging at the ribbons of her bodice. He kept fumbling with the knot. At last he sighed. "Forgive me, my love," he apologized. "My nails are too short."

"Aw, too bad!" exclaimed Abby. She tried to untie the knot herself, but her hands were shaking and she remained unsuccessful. "Oh, I can't! I'm too nervous!" she cried in frustration.

"Why should you be nervous?" asked Thomas. "It's not like we haven't done this before."

"No, we haven't," argued Abby. "That was me and some random stranger."

Thomas cringed. "I see."

Abby turned away again. "It's a pity really," she said, fidgeting with her hands. "I thought we might start over, now that we're here."

"Here?"

"I dreamed about this place," she explained.

"And that guy was in it too?" guessed Thomas.

Abby blushed. "He was," she confirmed.

Thomas pulled her back into his arms. "How far did he get with you?" he asked with a grin.

"Not far," she answered, "by the time things got really hot, I woke up in bed with you."

Thomas frowned. "You just said it wasn't me!"

"Well, I didn't know it was you!" cried Abby.

Thomas took a deep breath. "Let me get this straight," he said. "So one guy shows up in your dream, and the other one in your bed. And both are--"

"You," clarified Abby, "in hindsight. But, emotionally, I feel like we were never lovers before. I mean, I never made love to you, Thomas Clark, the actual person. I didn't even particularly like you before we left Northfair. We had to start all over from scratch, and now... here we are. Am I making sense to you at all?"

The young man blinked at her. "Ow, my poor brain!" he cried and dropped his head on her shoulder.

Abby thought she heard him stifling a sob. "Oh, well..." She sighed. "I shouldn't expect a guy to understand."

Thomas shook his head. "Nooo...!" All of a sudden he looked up. "Hey, can't you try that thing Ethan does?" he asked. "You know, tweak your memories or something?"

Abby stared at him. "What in the world...?"

"Pretend you're back in Alder Hill and picture me there," he explained. "The real me, the one who's here with you right now."

"Hm..." Abby closed her eyes and bit her lip to stop herself from giggling.

Thomas watched her cheeks flush red. "Is it working?" he asked, squeezing her here and there to jog her memory.

Abby opened her eyes. "I think so," she answered, smiling up at him. "Even though it's strange to think my dream lover now has a face and a name." Without another word Abby threw her arms around Thomas' neck and planted her lips on his.

The sudden display of affection took the young man by surprise, but he was quick to return the girl's kiss. Thomas realized it was the first time Abby actually kissed him, knowing who he was.

Abby ran out of breath and withdrew herself. She gazed into Thomas' eyes and traced her lips with her fingertips. "It really was you," she said. "I mean, of course I knew it before, but I couldn't actually feel it. I think I'm starting to see what Granny meant to say."

"That sounds... good," said Thomas, not entirely sure what she was talking about. "You know, you really should pay more attention to that old lady."

Abby tried to look offended. "Don't push your luck, Thomas Clark," she warned, hardly able to keep herself from grinning.

"Ow! But I thought you were going to have a second go at... that," he said, eying the knot in which her ribbons were tied.

Abby blushed. "That's true," she admitted and reached for the knot.

Thomas stopped her hands. "Well, don't feel obligated," he said. "I mean, don't do it unless you want to. Ho, wait! What am I saying?"

Abby laughed. "You're sweeter than you think you are! But you're right. This isn't the time to be fooling around. We're supposed to be in the town square at noon."

"I'm sure everybody will understand if we don't make it," argued Thomas. "I mean, do you really think Ethan and Ginny will?"

"Ethan and Ginny are married," said Abby. "We're not even engaged."

"But I am officially your suitor," argued Thomas.

"Ha! Since yesterday!" cried Abby.

Thomas pouted. "Then how long should we wait?" he asked. "A week? A month?" He cringed. "A year?"

Abby suppressed a giggle. "Don't worry," she said. "I've got an idea."

~*~

Lizzy's eyes widened when she saw Thomas and Abby cross the square. "What happened to the two of you?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" her sister asked in return, checking the clock on the bell tower. "We still have ten minutes left."

"Oh, we took a tumble or two in the forest," explained Thomas, removing a leaf from Abby's hair.

Robert raised his eyebrows. "Is that what you call it?"

"I do mean just a tumble," his younger brother assured him.

"Right." Robert covered his mouth to hide his grin. "So were you able to get a good night's sleep?"

"No, actually," admitted Thomas. "I was feeling rather restless in Abby's bed, erm, floor. On Abby's floor."

Robert and Lizzy shared a skeptical glance.

Abby coughed. "Yes, it was rather cold last night," she said. "I think we've both fallen sick."

Thomas started coughing as well. "Yeah, I'm feeling really miserable. I'm afraid I won't make any good company today."

"So we'd better rest and keep warm," continued Abby.

"Yeah, keep each other warm," added Thomas. "I mean, keep ourselves warm," he corrected himself, "in our own beds, naturally."

Lizzy gasped for breath and held it to keep herself from laughing.

Robert had trouble hiding his own amusement, but at least he was still able to speak. "Alright. Away with you," he told Thomas and Abby with a wave of his hand. "Begone. Scoot."

Abby gave him a little smile. "See you tomorrow then," she said, waving back.

"See you tomorrow," said Thomas. "I mean, tonight. At Uncle Jon's place, of course."

"Of course," his older brother replied.

Thomas meant to say goodbye to Lizzy, but since her face had turned red from holding her breath he only gave her a little bow so she would not need to speak.

Lizzy was grateful when Thomas and Abby wasted no time in making themselves scarce. She let go of her breath and burst out in giggles. "Such bad liars!" she cried.

Robert allowed himself a chuckle. "Indeed. I'm amazed at Thomas. He wasn't even trying. Then again, why would he need to? He usually tells me everything. Well, not in detail of course."

Lizzy was still trying to compose herself when Ginny jumped up in front of her with her arms open wide, startling the younger girl.

"Tada!" the young Mrs. Clark cried out in triumph with a big smile on her face. "We made it!"

Her husband followed behind her. "We even have five minutes left," he observed.

"Too bad," his cousin remarked. "Just think of all the things you could have done with five more minutes."

Ethan's face flushed red. "Don't start," he said. "I timed it just right, but Ginny walked faster than I thought she would."

"I didn't want to take any chances with victory so close at hand," explained his wife.

"Well, I'm impressed," said Robert, "but you still missed Thomas and Abby."

"What? Where did they go?" asked Ginny.

Lizzy regained her speech. "Home," she answered. "Apparently they've both gotten sick, so they're taking the day off."

"Well, that's no good," said Ginny. "They should have gone back to Granny's place. She would have nursed them back to health in no time."

Lizzy gaped in disbelief at her eldest sister. "They're not actually sick!" she explained. "They just want an opportunity to get cozy-cozy with each other."

Ethan leaned towards his cousin. "'Cozy-cozy,' huh?" he asked with a grin.

"Shut up!" warned Robert, throwing a mock punch at Ethan's shoulder.

"But why wouldn't they just say so?" asked Ginny, ignoring the men.

"That's the question!" answered Lizzy. "My guess is that Abby's not ready to go public about her feelings just yet."

"But mom and dad think so highly of Thomas," said Ginny. "It might spoil things if they're going hush-hush behind their back now."

"Well, all the more reason for us to play along," replied Lizzy.

~*~

"What took you so long?" asked Abby when she opened her window.

"Oh, I had to take every home remedy Auntie Bell could throw at me," answered Thomas while he climbed in. "Hm, Abby's room!" He looked around, noting the three beds. One had obviously not been used for some time and one had not been made at all. Thomas grinned when he moved towards the remaining bed. "Abby's bed!" he exclaimed, dropping his weight down on the mattress with such force he almost bounced back up again.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all," said Abby, sitting down next to him. "What if Mrs. Clark checks on you and finds your bed empty?"

"Oh, I'm not too worried," answered Thomas, leaning back on his elbows. "She wanted to give me something to help me sleep, but I slipped it into her tea instead."

Abby gasped. "You didn't!" she cried.

"Don't worry. She was snoozing quite comfortably on the couch when I left." Thomas pouted when he saw the disapproving look on Abby's face. "But I could go back and check if you think I should," he suggested.

"No, I want you to stay," replied Abby. She pushed him down on the bed and kissed him.

"Hm, a bit rough for a lady," the young man remarked when they paused for breath.

"I'm no lady," the girl retorted.

Thomas grinned. "Well, good," he said, "because I'm no gentleman." He grabbed Abby and kissed her passionately, moving on top of her. She tried to regain the upper hand, but he was taking off his jacket and would not let her push him back down. "Just a minute, my love," he said and continued to remove his shirt.

Abby's hands smoothed over his chest and down his stomach. "Take off your pants as well," she said with a grin.

Thomas grinned back at her. "Is that an order?" he asked.

"Well, don't do it unless you want to," she answered.

"O-ho! Could there be any doubt?" Thomas kicked off his boots and loosened his belt.

Abby's eyes widened when Thomas lowered his pants. "What's going on with your, erm...?" Her voice drifted off while she peered between his legs.

The young man grinned. "Oh, I got a little excited," he explained.

The girl frowned at him. "A little?" she echoed in disbelief. "What does it look like when you get very excited?"

Thomas blinked at her. "I thought you'd be more knowledgeable than that."

"Well, Robert gave me that book with the pictures," she replied, "but I guess I didn't learn all there is to know."

"Then sit back, my love," said Thomas in a solemn voice, "while I demonstrate the intimate workings of the male anatomy to fuel your inquisitive mind."

Abby smiled, pleased by his words. "Alright," she said and propped herself up against her pillow.

Thomas cleared his throat and set himself to work. Knowing the girl would watch his every movement, he figured he might as well show her how he liked to be touched so she might replicate it later.

Abby paid close attention to the way Thomas stimulated himself, stroking and twisting with his hand. Every now and then he seemed to pull a little harder, making her wonder whether such a treatment should not be painful. The girl noticed her own body respond to sight of his stiffening flesh. Her heart pounded and her breathing became shallow while she imagined what it would feel like to have him inside her whilst in that state. She pressed her thighs together when she felt a bit of fluid escaping, hoping he would not notice her excitement.

Thomas stopped after a while, leaving his now rigid member to point upward as if standing on high alert. "No hands!" he said.

Abby gave him a polite applause. "A neat trick indeed!" she exclaimed, guessing this must be what he meant to show her that morning.

"Why, thank you, milady," the young man said. He pushed his rod down at the tip, causing it to jolt back up against his belly the moment he released it.

Abby stared at him. "Oh, wow," she said. "That's... just... wow."

"That wasn't all of it though," said Thomas.

"What more does it do?" the girl asked with wide open eyes. "Grow wings and fly off?"

The young man suppressed a chuckle. "Well, no," he answered, "but--" Thomas froze in shock when he heard the stairs creaking.

"It's my mom!" cried Abby, recognizing the footsteps. "Hide!"

Thomas rolled himself under the bed at once and gathered the clothes Abby tossed at him.

The girl had just tucked herself under the blanket when the door opened.

"Abby? Are you awake?" asked Mrs. Greene.

"Yes," the girl answered in a weak voice.

"Ginny and Lizzy told me not to disturb you," her mother said, "but I thought I'd see for myself how you were doing." She placed a tray on the table. "Here's a hot cup of tea with lemon and honey."

"Ah. Thanks, mom," replied Abby, "but there was really no need to come home early."

"Nonsense! You girls are the most important thing in my life. Aside from your father of course." Mrs. Greene blinked at her daughter. "Why is your face so flushed?" she asked. "Goodness me!" she cried when she checked the girl's wrist. "Such a quick pulse as well! And I thought maybe you just wanted some time alone."

"What made you think that?" asked Abby before taking a sip of her tea.

"Oh, I don't know." Mrs. Greene sat down on the bed and sighed while she stroked her daughter's hair. "You've always been such a good girl, Abby," she said, "but I have to admit I was worried about letting you go off to Northfair. I thought sooner or later you'd snap out of control and do something reckless... like throwing yourself at a perfect stranger or something." She shook her head and laughed at herself.

Abby blinked at her mother. "Did Mrs. Clark say anything?"

"Hm? Oh! She said you and Lizzy were both darling girls, but impossible to chaperone," answered Mrs. Greene.

"That was all?" asked Abby in surprise.

"Why do you ask?" asked Mrs. Greene in return. "Perhaps you have something to add to that?"

"Erm, no," her daughter answered, looking away.

"Not even about Thomas?"

The girl shrank under the blanket and blushed a deeper red. "No," she repeated in a small voice.

Mrs. Greene leaned towards her with a teasing smile. "Are you sure?"

Abby's eyes widened in alarm. "Mom...!" she protested.

"Well, I'm only guessing of course," said Mrs. Greene, "but I thought since Lizzy and Robert had, erm... you know? Perhaps you and Thomas also..." She let her voice drift off while she gave the girl a questioning glance.

Abby swallowed hard, thinking of how to respond.

A worried look appeared on Mrs. Greene's face when her daughter remained silent. "You do like him, don't you?" she asked.

"Yes, of course," the girl answered.

"Do you love him as well?" her mother continued prodding.

Abby sighed. "I do," she admitted.

"I'm glad to hear that," said Mrs. Greene, "since you seemed a bit reluctant when he spoke with your father yesterday. I know there's something about him you're not telling us. There simply has to be, considering you always manage to find some fault in men."

"I suppose I do, usually," agreed Abby. "But Thomas... He just swept me off my feet. Quite literally, in fact."

"Ah, I see! Well, isn't that wonderful?" exclaimed Mrs. Greene, missing the hint. "So will you say 'yes' when he asks you?"

Abby cringed, knowing the young man under her bed was listening to every word. "It's a bit early for that!" she cried.

"How could it be too early?" asked Mrs. Greene. "You're just going to stroll around with him and hold hands?"

"We might do a little more than that," admitted Abby.

"I thought so." Mrs. Greene pursed her lips. "Granny knows?"

"Yes."

Mrs. Greene lowered her voice. "Did she give you anything to keep you from... you know?" Her arms hugged the air in the front of her belly.

Abby clutched the blanket under her chin and simply nodded her head, too embarrassed to answer aloud with Thomas in the room.

"It should be alright then," her mother said. She patted Abby on the shoulder and rose to her feet. "You just finish your tea," she said. "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

Thomas waited for the stairs to creak before he crawled out from under Abby's bed.

"I suppose you heard all of that," she remarked, lying on her side.

"Huh? Oh, no! I was taking a nap," replied Thomas. "Like this!" He clapped one hand on the other and rested his cheek on top.

Abby frowned at him. "Sure you were!"

They stared at each other for a moment, not knowing what to say. Abby felt embarrassed and ashamed to think Thomas now knew she had been willing to go all the way with him if they had not been interrupted, and Thomas knew that Abby knew he knew.

At last the young man broke the silence. "I suppose it's a bit awkward to continue now... with your mom downstairs," he said.

The girl nodded.

"Then I'd better take my leave," he continued.

She nodded again and watched in silence while he dressed himself, noting his body had already returned to normal.

Thomas put his jacket back on. "Milady," he said with a little bow and moved towards the window.

Abby jolted upright. "Thomas?"

He turned around.

The girl's lips curled into a little smile. "Will you come back tomorrow?" she asked.

Thomas smiled back at her, recognizing the question. "Yes, my love," he answered the way he used to and turned around again.

Abby jumped out of bed and hurried to join him at her window, realizing she would have to close it behind him.

Thomas lowered himself down the wall. "One more kiss, my love?" he asked with his chin on the window sill.

Abby smiled and leaned towards him to grant his request. "Don't take too long tomorrow," she said. "Come to me right after breakfast."

"Oh, I'll skip breakfast for you!" exclaimed Thomas.

Abby ran her fingers through his hair. "You'll need your strength though," she remarked.