Legacy of My Father

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sun beat down in the sunken valley town of Wallaceville. The lawn of the newest home on the block was filled to capacity with cars. Built in the style of a modern-day log cabin, the inhabitants of this place were in a festive mood. Music blared from the as people milled about the yard. Talking, singing, drinking and swaying to the beats. The Black National Anthem came on and Brittney began the starting movements of "The Electric Slide." Everyone, young and old gathered in accompanying rows, shuffling their feet and having a ball.

Thaelor Renee Morrison sat at the picnic table, a wine cooler at the ready. She sat next to her favorite Auntie Florence as they watched Lisa Ann Morrison and Henry Leigh Morrison play lazily on the comforter covered grass.

"Girl them kids getting big. You gone have to watch them once they start walking." Florence said.

"Oh, I won't have too. My husband has no problem keeping an eye on them. Speaking of...hey honey...that food almost ready yet?!!"

Ryan stood behind the grill, tongs in one hand, beer in the other. The stereotypical American man, having fun playing at Master BBQ'er.

"Hey sweetie...you can't hurry perfection. They should be ready in about 6 more minutes."

"That's what you said 30 minutes ago!!"

"Well...I don't have anything better to do but wait. Maybe you and I should go inside and discuss it?"

"BOY YOU NASTY!! REMEMBER THE KIDS!!"

"No worries...they ain't going nowhere...we got time."

"No you don't." said Flo. "Look."

Slowly, carefully, the two children stood on the blanket. Starting at opposite ends, they swayed, stumbled, and precariously moved to the center. Running as fast as their inexperienced, short little legs could take them. Running to the middle, running to each other, running to love.

12