My Sister's Best Friend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"When will your friends be over next?"

"Not this Saturday. I'll talk to Mum about maybe the Saturday after? We can have a barbecue. I'll invite Melody and friends. You invite your friends. Get Mum to invite some of her friends."

"Okay," he stated after taking a deep breath, "Let's see how things go."

*****

Chris

"Are your friends coming around on the weekend, sweetie?" Mum asked at dinner on Wednesday night.

I'm sure many other men might have cringed at their mother still calling them a pet name like that. I liked it because my relationship with my mother was still as close as ever. She'd been single for a long time as my father had been kicked out before I'd even reached double figures in age. I was aware she might have dated from time to time, but she was happy with her friends, her family, and her career.

"Yeah, the usual three stooges will be coming over. Want me to make sure the barbecue is ready to go?"

"Might need a new gas bottle, but otherwise, just make sure the pool is nice and clean too."

"Melody, Gina and Hailey are coming too, Mum," Hannah added. I didn't miss the glance they shared upon my sister mentioning that before Mum turned her eyes towards me.

"Are your friends bringing some pretty girls with them?" Mum asked.

"Mike will bring his girlfriend. Mark is seeing someone at the moment. Probably not that serious, but I said she can come along. Daniel works quickly, it seems."

"Already has a new girl?" Hannah wondered.

"Yeah. Barista at a coffee shop he stops at every morning before work. Apparently, she'd been rather interested in him for months but was aware he had a girlfriend. Now that he's single, as he has mentioned it to her, she immediately asked him out. From what he's told me, she's a rather sweet young woman. Only eighteen."

"Well, if all your friends have girls on their arm, we'll make sure our handsome man has one on his too," Mum stated.

I know I started to blush as Mum might have been in her late forties, but she could still rock a bikini. She was a petite little thing, barely five-two, and spent a lot of time keeping fit. I was aware of her bust size, and that of Hannah's, as I helped out with chores around the house, and I was merely curious. As for Hannah, she was a little taller than Mum though not by much, a couple of inches at most. A larger chest and a little curvier as she would admit to struggles with her weight going through puberty. I always said she looked fantastic, and I made her cry happy tears more than once when I told her when she was struggling with her confidence. She was aware most sibling relationships could be difficult, but ours had always been one of both being siblings but also friends.

I was out with my friends for drinks on Friday night. No girlfriends were present. Mike's relationship with his girlfriend was tight, and she rarely told him that she'd prefer him to stay home. Mark's latest squeeze probably had her own thing. Daniel spent half the night talking about his likely new girlfriend.

"Anything going on with you?" Mike finally asked after we'd enjoyed a couple of drinks. I hated beer and didn't want to drink anything too strong, so I stuck to alcoholic ginger beer.

"Not really though..."

My friends were aware I was still a virgin. I wasn't embarrassed by it. Mike thought it was a good thing, that I was willing to wait for the right girl. He and his girlfriend, Emma, waited until they were ready as Emma was adamant that she would only make love to the man she was going to marry. I knew Mike was going to propose as soon as we graduated from university.

Mark enjoyed playing the field and had a long list of partners. Never teased me about the fact I'd not done a thing. He said everyone was different, with different ideas about sex. He loved the variety and admitted to not wanting to be tied down in a relationship in his late teens and early twenties. He would settle down when he was good and ready.

Daniel had been head over heels in love with his ex-girlfriend until she pretty much dumped him. I was pleased he was dating again and that, from the sounds of it, his new girlfriend was a real sweetheart.

"What's on your mind, mate?" Mark asked me.

"Well... Hannah has suggested that maybe one of her friends would be interested in me. As in perhaps wanting to go on a date or something."

"Which friend?" Mike wondered.

"Um... Melody..." They all shared glances and grins before three sets of eyes fell upon me again. "I mean, you know I've always nursed a little crush on her, but to seriously be interested in me like that? Plus, she's older with more experience, and I'm just..."

Mike rested a hand on my shoulder. "Don't overthink it, mate. That's your major problem. You think too much!"

That made me laugh. "Never thought I'd be accused of thinking too much."

"But that's your problem. You're overthinking. Just act natural. And when it comes to Melody, if she's interested, and I reckon Hannah will probably give her the green light, then she might just make the first move anyway."

"Modern world and all," Mark added, "I've had plenty of women chat me up when I'm out and about."

"So maybe I should let her take the lead then?" I wondered.

"Just don't be too bloody oblivious if she's clearly showing an interest," Mike warned me, "She won't expect you to just leap on her. Just be you, mate. Go with your gut instead of sitting there thinking about all the positives and negatives. You can talk to girls in your classes at university, and we all know what you did for Jennifer all those years. You have no idea how many girls wanted to date you because of that."

"Everyone knew?" I asked, unaware of that fact.

The three shared glances again before they laughed. "That's what I mean by oblivious," Mike replied, "Chris... Mate... Everyone was aware of Jennifer and her interests. She didn't have to tell anyone, it was obvious. She told her few friends and word just spread. Everyone knew you put your own life on hold for her. Some thought it was due to unrequited love for her..."

"It was never that. I loved Jennifer. I still do. We've kept in touch though she'd told me that she'll never return to Sydney. Impossible after she told her parents she was a rug muncher. Her words, not mine. They flipped the fuck out. Disowned her on the spot. She wished them an unpleasant life and hasn't spoken to them since."

"Look, the best thing you can do is just sit back and relax on Saturday. Let nature take its course," Mark suggested, "And if or when Melody shows an interest, simply return it and I'm sure it'll work out in the end."

Arriving home at a reasonable time that night, Mum was still up as she would normally wait up until about midnight before she'd head off to bed. Even though I was twenty, she was still my mother, still a parent, and still worried about her son. Greeting her with a hug and kiss as usual, she headed off to bed almost immediately.

I was lying back on my bed a little later, reading my Kindle, when there was a knock at the door, my sister opened it after I called out. Given it was a warm night, she was wearing only a tiny vest top and a pair of panties. If it had been anyone other than my sister, my eyes would have bugged out and I'd be nursing one hell of an erection.

"What's up?" I asked as she walked over to lie next to me on the bed.

"Melody is definitely coming tomorrow," she replied.

"Okay."

"Nervous?"

"Why would I be nervous? I mean..."

She kissed my cheek and snuggled against me. "She'll be good for you, Chris. I know that much. She has a lot of love to give. Her last couple of boyfriends were worthless."

"I'm a pretty broke student who still lives at home with his mother. I'm not exactly..."

"She lives at home too. The only difference is that her parents are still together and she's an only child."

"At least she has a job."

"Chris, I know you have things lined up for when you leave. Stop doubting yourself." She paused and kissed my cheek again. "Please..."

"Sorry. It's just... Want to know where I never doubt myself? On the field. It's the one place I've always felt supreme confidence. And once I grew into my body and adapted to my new position, my confidence on the field exploded. I'm confident in class as well..."

"But girls are a different thing altogether?"

"I've never felt confident when it comes to the matter of the opposite sex. I guess posing as Jennifer's boyfriend meant I didn't have to worry about it for a few years."

"When you're outside tomorrow, let her apply some sunscreen to you. And just go from there."

"I'll probably be nursing, you know... As soon as she touches me."

"And she'd be flattered by that, Chris. Women know we make men hard. We take it as a compliment that we can arouse men in such a manner. Just don't send her dick pics or anything unless she asks for them."

"I'd never..."

"I know," she whispered, "But as much as you're my brother and I love you more than anyone, she's also my best friend. We've known each other for nearly twenty years. I would love to see it work out. As much as I want you to fall in love, I want Melody to be with a man I know she can love too."

Taking a deep breath, I cuddled her a little tighter. "I'll do my best, Hannah. I promise."

"Good boy." She kissed my cheek before whispering goodnight, watching her walk to the door, turning back to blow me a kiss. "I love you, Chris."

"Love you too, Hannah."

That made her smile. "And I love that you always tell me that you love me."

"Always have, always will."

Waking in the morning, I didn't spend too long lazing around in bed, getting up and heading to the kitchen. Mum was already up and about, greeting her with a kiss on the cheek and a cuddle. Mum made me a coffee as I prepared some toast, Hannah joining us within a few minutes as she didn't sleep in too long when the weather was warm.

No one would be arriving until the early afternoon. That gave me plenty of time to mow the lawns, clean the pool, and complete another couple of odd jobs outside. Mum and Hannah cleaned up indoors though our guests would spend most of the afternoon and evening outdoors.

Mike let me know when he was beginning this drive over, getting the barbecue ready. Mum had all the meat prepared for me to grill, and she had worked with Hannah on preparing some salads, finger food and a couple of other platters. We hadn't bought too much in the way of alcohol as we kept things sensible by the pool. None of my friends were big drinkers. I drank ginger beer or cider. Mike and Mark preferred liquor, usually bourbon. Daniel was almost teetotal. Mum and her friends would likely share some wine. Hannah and her friends would enjoy some cocktails.

Mike arrived with his girlfriend, greeting him with a handshake, while Emma always liked to be hugged. She was a hugger. Mark was next to arrive with his latest flavour of the month. She was short, busty, and very bubbly. I could see why Mark liked her. He might have had a bit of a reputation with others, but the girls he dated were always very nice. Daniel arrived with his latest squeeze on his arm. To say she was adorable... I think even my mother wanted to adopt her after talking to her for five minutes.

I was busy preparing the barbecue when Hannah walked up to my side. "Melody will be here in a minute," she whispered, "You should greet her at the door."

"Okay," I whispered back.

We could hear the doorbell from the backyard as it echoed around the house, and we didn't have music playing yet. When I heard it, Mum didn't make a move, assuming Hannah told her what was going on. Leaving Mike with the tongs, I walked through the house to the front door, opening that then the screen door to reveal Melody wearing a pair of very short shorts, a top that showed off her cleavage, and sandals on her feet. Her eyes were covered by her sunglasses, wearing a wide-brim hat.

"Hey," I stated softly, already feeling my cheeks growing warm.

"Hey yourself, handsome," she replied, immediately making my cheeks grow even warmer. Stepping towards me, she lifted herself up onto tiptoes and kissed my cheek. She was around five-six, with long mahogany hair down to her upper back, and a pair of green eyes that sparkled like emeralds. Her face was perfect, and she had a few delicious curves that I'd never failed to notice on her body.

"Um, Hannah is out in the backyard. I think Gina and Hailey are still on their way."

"Are your friends here?"

"Yeah, they always get here early so they can stake their claim in the pool."

Resting her hand on my chest, I shuddered at her touch even though I was wearing a thin white t-shirt. "Well, maybe you could spend a little time with me in the pool then," she said softly, "Maybe we could spend some time just chatting away."

"I'd... I'd like that, Melody."

"Good." Running her hand down my arm to my hand, she took hold of it and smiled. "Lead the way, handsome. I've been promised some good food and drink, and the company is meant to be exquisite too."

Still holding my hand when I walked outside, Hannah walked up to greet her friend, as did my mother and my friends. Introductions were made to the women with my friends before I offered Melody a drink. We had an ice bucket full of bottles and cans, not surprised she wanted something with vodka in it. Taking the tongs back from Mike, she leaned over to kiss my cheek again, suggesting she'd spend time with Hannah but that I should expect more of her company later.

"She's not being shy," Mike murmured next to me, sipping at his drink.

"She's always friendly with me."

"Mate, there's friendly and there is how she's acting today. She's letting you know straight away that she's interested in you."

Glancing at the table where Melody was sitting next to Hannah, Mum and a couple of her friends already enjoying a bottle of wine, Melody glanced my way and grinned at me. "I'm not counting my chickens," I stated once I returned my attention to the grill.

While I was cooking, the pool was eventually used once Gail and Hailey arrived, my sister and three friends stripping down to their bikinis. Melody had a gorgeous red with a white polka dot top and bottoms. She glanced my way more than once while she was undressing, and I was glad to be wearing sunglasses, so she didn't notice my eyes lighting up.

"Fuck," I murmured, turning my attention back to the grill again, only turning around after I'd heard four splashes to see the four women were now in the pool.

Mum and her friends eventually joined my sister and her friends in the pool, Mike and Mark keeping me company as I finished cooking all the meat. Everyone got out of the pool once I'd placed everything on a large dish, gathering around the picnic table together, not missing the fact Melody was sitting to my right and Hannah to my left.

Melody moaned more than once when chewing on something I'd been cooking. It was the sort of noise that immediately had blood flowing to a certain part of my body, leaning closer to me and whispering how much she was enjoying what I'd cooked.

"He's actually pretty good in the kitchen," Mum stated, "I made sure my son wasn't completely hopeless when it came to household tasks. But he enjoys spending time in the kitchen."

"You do?" Melody asked, hearing delight in her tone, "Maybe you could cook me dinner sometime, handsome?"

"Um... I mean, yeah... If you'd like..."

Melody shuffled closer to me. "I'll kick my parents out for the evening so it's just the two of us. I like to cook as well so maybe we could do it together," she whispered, feeling her hand rest on my thigh. It took all my self-control not to leap off the bench. She noticed my reaction, feeling her squeeze my thigh gently. "I won't bite you," she added softly.

"Sorry, it's just..."

"When we're finished eating, will you join me in the pool?"

"Um... Sure, I'd like that."

I could see Mum watching the conversation with interest, a slight smile on her face. Hannah practically beamed at me when I glanced her way. We finished eating, Mum telling me that I'd helped cook everything so she and Hannah would happily clear everything away. Waiting a few minutes for the food to settle, I eventually stood up with Melody as my friends had already disappeared to the pool. Taking off my t-shirt, I had a slight tan though I didn't go around shirtless outside too often.

"Need some sunscreen applied first," Melody told me, "I've got some in my handbag. Take a seat on the edge of the pool and I'll help do your back."

Taking a seat where she asked, I felt her get behind me, her legs ending up on either side of my body, I shuddered as she poured some of the cold cream onto my back. Her hands were soft, running them over my shoulders and down my upper arms before moving slowly down my back. She seemed to be enjoying herself, her hands moving down as far as the band of my swim shorts.

"Want me to do your chest?" she whispered into my ear.

"I mean... If you want to..."

She moved quickly, getting into the pool. I was sitting by the shallow end so she could easily stand up and still apply the cream. Her eyes were still hidden by her sunglasses, unable to stop glancing at her cleavage from time to time. Her fingers were gliding over my skin, and when she touched my sides, she learned I was a little ticklish at the same time.

"Want to do me next?" she asked, "I could do with a top-up as well."

Shuffling back as she lifted herself up onto the edge, positioning herself between my legs, she would have rather quickly felt my erection pressing into her lower back. She glanced back and smiled at me, leaning back against my chest. "Sorry," I said, feeling my cheeks growing warm again.

"I'm not," she replied, "Handsome young man seems to enjoy my company." She handed me the bottle. "Now cream me up, big boy."

Applying it to her back, my hands were shaking like crazy when I started to rub the cream into her shoulders and upper back. When it came to the string of her bikini, I left it alone and ran my hands underneath it. When she moaned softly, I felt my cock throbbing with excitement, running my hands lower and lower down her back before she glanced back again, asking me to do her front.

I felt every pair of eyes was on me as I remained where I was, putting some cream in my hands and placing my hands on her toned tummy. My hands were still shaking as I slowly raised my hands slowly in the direction of her breasts. Avoiding them, I placed my hands just under her neck and carefully ran my hand in the direction of her cleavage, Melody turned her head and kissed me softly on the cheek.

"Thank you, honey," she whispered.

"Honey?" I asked.

"You are so incredibly sweet, Chris. Can you just hug me like this for a few minutes?"

"Um... Sure..."

Wrapping my arms lightly around her body, she leaned back against my chest, feeling her shuffle and getting comfortable. When she sighed and the smile on her face remained, I shared a glance with Mike. He gave me a subtle thumbs-up. Mark couldn't stop smiling at me. Daniel gave me that nod of the head that suggested he approved.

When I started to gently stroke her tummy again, she almost purred with satisfaction as she snuggled back against me even more. No one came up to talk to us. Hannah seemed to be purposely keeping Gina and Hailey occupied. Melody eventually lifted her sunglasses before turning her head towards mine.

"You nervous?" she asked lightly.

"Terrified if I'm completely honest."

"Why are you terrified?" she asked, nothing but curiosity in her tone. I glanced away as I knew being honest would just embarrass me and she'd just think I was a loser. When she kissed my cheek, her soft fingers ending up on my other one, returning my eyes to hers, she had such a lovely smile. "Nothing scary about this, is there? We're just sitting here and cuddling."