Oh Teacher, My Teacher Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've been to London and Paris and Rome," Astrid said. "I loved it. It was so exciting to see things and places that I'd only read about or seen on TV."

"I didn't know you'd been to Europe. You went with your parents?"

"Yes. Summer trips for two or three weeks. I wish we stayed longer and saw more of the country. You have been so many more places. I envy you ... where you've been ... what you've seen."

I nodded. "You can't imagine the impact the pyramids at Giza have when you are right there beside and inside them."

"You went inside?" She was shocked.

"Yeah. I've got tell you though, if it wasn't for a bunch of other people being with me at the time, I'd never have gone in. Talk about claustrophobia. I don't think I can remember half of what the guide was saying I was so nervous. That was my one and only trip underground."

"Wow ... I'd love to see them," she said enthusiastically. "One of these days ... I'm going to do it."

"That's one thing about being a teacher ... time off during the summer. Save your money and plan your trip. Half the fun for me was planning where I was going to go."

"Where do you want to go next?" she asked.

"I've been looking at the Czech Republic, Hungary and Austria. It's expensive, but I think I can manage it." I wondered what was running through Astrid's mind.

"I'd like to see more of 'old Europe' and that's the place for it," I continued. "Along with Rumania, Slovakia, and Poland. I don't think I'll ever run out of places I want to see."

"I'd love to do that too, but I don't think I'd want to do it on my own," she mused.

"Not a good idea," I agreed. "A single woman on her own is a risky proposition. You need to be with someone, or a group. Safety in numbers."

"I wouldn't be worried if I were with someone like you. You've got all that experience. I'd be safe with you."

I surmised that I'd just watched a trial balloon go up. The thought already crossed my mind to invite Astrid to join me, but I hadn't acted upon it. I had no idea what her finances were, or how she would like the low-budget approach I was used to.

"It's pretty expensive, like I say. I pretty much have to start saving for my next trip as soon as I get back in September."

"I would love to go with you, Rick. I'd have an experienced guide and a protector and a lover all wrapped into one," she smiled.

There was something about this conversation that was setting off small signals. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was definitely uncomfortable. Too much, too soon?

"What about money. Can you afford it?"

"Absolutely. I can be very thrifty when I need to be. And don't worry about my fitness. I am a P.E. teacher, after all."

"You don't even know how much it would cost," I said, thinking she was glossing over the obstacles.

"You and I make similar salaries. If you can afford it, I can too. Besides, I have some money set aside for a 'rainy day' and I can't think of a better use for it that spending it with you." I didn't look like I was going to talk her out of it.

We stopped walking and were standing facing each other on the beach. The watery, late-winter sun was beginning to sink toward the mountains. It was time to head back to the car.

"Let's talk about it tonight. Do you have a current passport?"

"Yup. I can be packed in twenty minutes and we can be on our way," she laughed.

I shook my head. It was all decided. At least, it was for Astrid.

I wasn't going to talk Astrid out of coming with me this summer. I still had an uneasy feeling about our relationship and I just couldn't figure out why. She was a loving, enthusiastic partner. She made it plain she was exclusively attached to me. She boosted my ego to heights I'd never before known. I was powerless to resist her or refuse her. She was invading my life as no one before had ever done.

A beautiful woman, dedicated to making me happy. A bright, lively, intelligent woman with social skills beyond her years. A woman that made other men envious of me. So what was the problem?

Was it because she had invaded my life? She had taken me prisoner. I was with her at her sufferance. She decided that we should be a couple. There wasn't a single reason why I should object. She simply exhibited excellent taste. Hah! But where was the romance?

While this and other thoughts were rolling around in my head, Astrid made another decision.

"Rick ... I'd like to meet your parents at spring break. And ... I'd like you to meet mine." She framed it as a request, but I didn't think I should decline. We were sitting in her living room after finishing the dinner dishes.

"OK ... Uhhhmmm ... we can do that," I answered carefully.

"Does that make you nervous?" she asked.

"No ... no ... not at all." I might have been a little too quick with my denial.

"It's not like we're engaged or anything. I just want to meet your family and I want you to meet mine. After all, they're entitled to know who I'm sleeping with and who I plan to be with on our summer vacation."

Indisputable logic. Why worry, I thought. I might as well meet the family now. It was probably going to happen sooner or later anyway.

*

My thanks to ErikThread for his editing skills and support. Any errors are mine.

12