Part of The Procedure? Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I gave Shirley a wave, she is the owner and cook. Cranky and crabby, she has to be to deal with a bunch of overly muscled commercial fishermen every day.

But everyone loves her, partly because my God can she cook! And partly because she won't take any bull shit from anyone, as a few tourist types have discovered from time to time. The place stays busy as it is possible to be, so much so that the little table over by the window is reserved for Hal and I when we come in each morning.

"That new nurse at the clinic? You guys seem to be getting to be friends?" Hal mentioned. That sounded more like a question than a statement to me, I glanced at him to try and read his expression.

Nothing there, not really. Of course not. Hal is a cop, and a good one in my opinion.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"She is dating that Tyson fellow?"

"Yeah, she is. Why?" Now I was curious about what Hal's interest was.

"A few things going on, is all. He seems to have plenty of money and near as I can tell, and he doesn't do any work."

To be honest, how Tyson earned his living never even crossed my mind.

"You think maybe he has something going on?" I asked point blank.

Hal just shrugged. We let it go at that, like I said, Hal is a good cop and he also doesn't seem to ever miss much of what is going on around our little town.

But that put a bug in my bonnet, got me to wondering. The last thing in the world I needed or wanted was anyone around me mixed up in anything they should not be doing.

None of my business, not really, until it affected my family.

+++

That all came to a head quickly, Debra called and told me that Hal and his team had raided a house up North of town and arrested a half dozen people, Tyson being one of them.

Needless to say, that changed things and quickly. Rwanda came over, clearly upset and right on the edge of crying. She said that she had no idea at all about any of that, and she was either telling the truth or she is the world's best liar.

Over the next few days there sure were a lot of questions asked, mostly of Rwanda but some of Debs and I both. But neither one of us even had a clue so that all calmed down in short order.

Now Debra, Rwanda and I were...a threesome? Not quite the correct word, sure, we had done some fun massages and gotten sort of naughty during those, but we never actually had sex?

Unless you count what Debra had done that one time as actual sex?

There was nothing at all that any of us could do to help Tyson and to be honest, considering the charges, I didn't want to help him.

Rwanda was sure upset though, it seemed she actually did like the guy and was right at the point of their relationship turning intimate when all hell broke loose.

Plus the stories in the local paper were not helping at all, and the word was out around town.

Some people made it rather clear that they thought Rwanda was involved, and even though I was reasonably sure she was not, there were still some comments made, and reactions of some made it obvious what they thought.

I did my best to ignore all of that, and managed to not just pop one fisherman I only barely knew that made some mouthy comments down at the café one morning.

Something about that black bitch didn't belong in our community?

Of course, Hal was there and saved me when he told the guy to shut the hell up. That mouthy guy was big, arms like trash cans and I would have lasted maybe 10 seconds.

Yeah, trouble in our little peaceful paradise for a month or so but like happens with everything, it all blew over after awhile.

During that period, Debra and Rwanda just went to work and did their jobs, she had a pretty good handle on the system and staffing down at the medical clinic, and business was not affected at all.

I am sure that a few did refuse to go in for attention, all that did was reduce the wait time for an appointment.

And it was quite clear that Tyson was now out of the picture. Pot was one thing, a problem of course but not nearly as bad as getting caught in the act of cooking up a batch of Meth.

Real bad deal for Tyson, but then, he had it coming I suppose.

But all of the fuss had the side effect of us cooling things, thinking about that, life was closer to normal than it was right after Debra came back home.

Like I mentioned earlier, things had been different and I just had not quite been able to put my finger on what it was.

Before, my Debs did spend a lot of time trying to please me, for a few months she seemed to be putting in even more effort, if that makes any sense?

Rwanda still dropped by, but it was just visits, we didn't do anything at all. I did notice that she seemed to have settled down and accepted the fact that her boyfriend Tyson was headed down the river and was not coming back for a long time.

+++

One evening Debra and I were lying in bed, just snuggling like we often do.

"Honey, can I ask you a question?" She asked.

That all by itself was different, Debra really doesn't ask if she can ask, she simply does.

"Sure, Babe. Of course."

"I was wondering.. Are you interested in Rwanda? You know, as a.. sexual partner?"

"What? You mean? Like, go all the way?" That surprised me.

"Yes. You can if you want to, it won't upset me."

"I guess I never even thought about it, why?" I was fibbing at that, of course I thought about it, it was just something I would never do.

Sort of like that deal with Rachel, the one I somehow found myself teaching that yes! Her body really could climax? But have actual sex with Rachel? I could have, that much was extremely clear. But I kept my pants on, somehow.

That was not easy, I controlled myself, but only barely.

"It's just that she doesn't have a partner, and she really does like you." Debra was now fondling me which I can't say I minded any.

"You mean, you want to know if I would like to have sex with her? What makes you think she even would?"

"Oh, she will. We have talked about it." I would have expected Debs to giggle or something, she teases me a lot, but it was clear she wasn't teasing.

"That would be a pretty big step, honey."

"I wouldn't mind." She said.

"I guess I don't get it."

"It's just that... Honey, I have to tell you something. I can't keep it bottled up any longer." Debra sat up and looked at me. Her face colored up.

Oh, shit!

I think I knew right then. I just looked at her, waiting.

"Remember back in December when I called, and told you about the party I was going to?"

I nodded. I remembered that, we chatted for over an hour, then she mentioned some end of semester party, I told her to go and enjoy herself.

"Lots of the students, and some of the Professors from the school were there. I had a few drinks, there was some silly dancing, and I was talking to one of them." She still appeared to be hesitant.

"A guy? Or was it a..???" I asked.

"A guy. His name is Scott. He didn't teach any of my classes or anything like that." Debra was looking away now, her face was rather pink.

"I.. we had an affair." She said.

I just stared at her, this came as a complete shock.

"Danny? Please, say something." Debra pleaded.

"I guess all I have to say is that it pisses me off! December, you say? This is July, for God's sakes. And you want me to have sex with Rwanda, what in the hell is that supposed to do, make it all right?" I got up, reached for my pants.

I wasn't yelling, but my usual calm manner was sure as hell gone.

"Danny, no! Please? Stay here, let's talk."

"I suppose he is some young buck, better looking and better in bed, right?" I had some serious sarcasm in my voice.

"Scott is 35, and he wasn't even close to as good as you are, honey."

I finished dressing without saying anything more, Debra was quietly crying as I gave her a last scornful look and went out to my truck.

I probably should have stayed and had it out right then and there, but my reactions to bad situations have always been to get away from them.

+++

MY wife? 1800 miles away, having sex with some guy half my age? Now had someone told me she just held up the corner gas station, I would not have been more shocked.

I read the stories on this website, stuff like this happens to other people, not to me!

It was close to one in the morning by my watch when I pulled into Brookings, a rather quiet community way down the coast from where we live.

I also did not remember the drive. I suppose I could say that my cell phone was going off constantly and I was ignoring it, but I don't even own a cell phone.

My mind was full of thoughts, I can't say I was furious or anything like that but it was something tough to wrap my head around.

Now had Debra called me, told me the situation and asked for my permission? I like to say I just might have told her it was OK, easy to say that until the moment slaps you in the face.

So, I am not sure what I would have told her. The thought that she even would sleep with someone behind my back never once crossed my mind.

Then it happened back in December and here is was, July? All that time, not a word, not a peep, although like I said, something was different and I could not quite get my fingers on what it was.

Debra was clearly feeling guilty. To me, the actual doing something like that, having sex with someone was not that huge of a deal. I have had sex with quite a few different women in my life, and Debra was married once before, plus there have been a few lovers before we met.

But since the two of us hooked up, all we have done is been involved in getting naughty massages, Debra has done some teasing things involving exhibitionism. Sexuality to her is a big deal, but also normal in her mind.

You can call me guilty also, because I was there and went along with some of it. That by itself is not normal for me, before, I was best described as conservative, probably to the point of being a stick in the mud.

No one died, and no one was changed, not really. I was sitting there in my truck telling myself that.

It was the not telling me right off the bat, keeping it from me? Something I would have wagered everything I own just could not, would not ever happen.

In my mind, that is a major violation of trust.

Then suggesting I sleep with Rwanda, like that would perhaps make us even or something, make everything all better?

I was having some troubles with all of that.

My Debra had broken our unspoken rules, then withheld what she did from me.

+++

The Sun coming up over the hills behind me cast a band of light out on the ocean. I could see the fog burning off as the Sun rose higher. Beautiful, a couple of tiny boats were out there, people fishing, the water almost completely calm.

Odd that my mind was on that instead of the revelations the night before. I had managed to doze in the cab of my big Dodge truck.

I started up my rig, drove around for awhile and spotted a café. There were several pickups parked around, so the food must be good, I figured.

Hash browns, a pair of jumbo eggs, toast and Coffee and I felt a bit more human.

The waitress slid by, refilled my cup. She might as well have been Sally back home, same slightly chunky, same hair to the middle of the ears, same blouse unbuttoned just enough to catch someone's eye.

"Hey, Beck? Got some for me?" A guy sitting nearby asked, holding up his cup.

"Sure, Bill." She refilled his cup, glanced back at me with a smile.

"Need anything else, honey?" She asked me.

"Thanks, Rebecca. I am fine." I saw the surprise on her face, good guess on her name.

Normal things, the world moving on. No disasters, nothing crazy. Here I was, in a strange town, my mind in a turmoil.

That was enough. I paid my bill, went out and got into my truck and drove home.

+++

There was no one there when I got there, of course not. Debra would be at the clinic. I sat down and turned on the news, that Trump guy was on, he seems to be everywhere.

Politics, no one will notice you, so the best thing to do is create a fuss? Seems to work.

The phone rang.

Thinking it was Debra, I picked it up.

It was Rwanda.

"Are you OK?" She asked.

"Sure, I am fine."

"Can I come over and talk to you?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Debra told me about.. I think we need to talk." Rwanda said.

"Fine with me."

"OK. I will be there in a few minutes." I guess I figured that Rwanda would be trying to smooth things over or something like that.

Rwanda was in her nurse's outfit, clearly she came from the clinic. I let her in, poured her some Coffee.

"So, what's up?" I asked.

"Debra told me, and said you got upset."

"No kidding." I muttered.

"She really is sorry, Danny. Sometimes things just happen, and she didn't know how to tell you."

"I think I am pretty easy to talk to." I said.

"Yes, I know. But she was frightened, she knew she did wrong and she just didn't know how to explain herself."

"Well, if she had just asked...?'

"She didn't have any idea at all that anything would happen, Danny. She told me that when she got to the party, everyone was having fun and drinking, and someone was smoking pot so she got a little high on top of it all."

"So, she sleeps with some guy half her age? Then doesn't bother to tell me?"

"Suppose she had told you right off the bat, would it have been any different?"

I had to think about that for a moment. The truth? I would probably have still been pissed off.

"Anyway, Danny? Please don't do anything rash. You guys are so good together, she wants to try and make it up to you."

"How is she supposed to do that? She did suggest that I could have sex with...well, she suggested you and I could. I didn't get that before but now I do."

"Yes, she and I talked about that. I haven't been with anyone down here at all, and I do like you, Danny. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to." Rwanda smiled at me.

"Well, that is blunt. Why would you even be interested in an old coot like me?" I asked her.

"You really are a rather sexy old coot, Danny." She grinned.

"Is that why you are here then? Debra sent you over here, you are supposed to seduce me and then things are just fine?"

"No, Danny. Debra knows I am here of course, but it's not that. She knows you wouldn't anyway. It's just that I like you both so much, and Debra is terrified that you will leave her."

"I don't know what I am going to do. I guess I have to think."

"OK. Please, talk it out with her. She really does feel bad about it." Rwanda got up, saying she needed to get back to the clinic. She came over and gave me a big hug, which when she pressed herself to me caused the usual reaction.

Rwanda leaned back with a big grin. Then with a wave, she was gone.

+++

Debra got home around 6:30, a bit later than usual but in her profession there is no such thing as regular hours.

I had a meal ready like always, she looked at me, then smiled.

"Are we OK, honey?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I told her.

We sat and ate quietly, then Debra helped me clean up and do the dishes.

Normal. Perfectly normal. Except that typically Debra tells me all about her day, instead, she was quiet.

"Rwanda came by today." I told her later as we sat in the living room watching that "Family Feud" show on TV.

"Yes, I know."

"Do you want me to tell you everything?" Debra asked me after a few minutes of silence.

"What's to tell? I mean, you let some guy screw you, how many different ways are there to do that? Was he huge, or little, did he last hours and hours, how many times did he get you off? What the FUCK is there to tell?" I guess I let my voice raise there at the end a bit, sort of out of character for me.

Debra broke out in tears, got up and went into the bedroom.

Now I felt bad?

+++

So. Here we are, I suppose I get called an unwilling cuckold? That Scott guy, I have no idea about him and he is 1800 miles away, so I can't exactly go over there and belt him one.

I do know I would like to do that. He knew very well that Debra was married, and he went right ahead and invaded someone else's life.

I read the stories on here, I read about other guys that have cheating wives. But that is other guys, not me.

Now, it is me.

I suppose I could go screw Rwanda, she made it perfectly clear that she would be willing.

That would accomplish nothing, nothing at all.

I suppose I could leave, get a divorce? Why? Hell, my current lifestyle wants for nothing. We have lots of friends, a comfortable home. Fishing, which I love to do, is close by, and I am sort of a fixture in our little community.

Debra? She is still Debra, and I still love her at least as much as I have loved any female in my entire life.

Looking at the situation, at my age there are far more negatives than positives here, feeling betrayed is a rather small negative in the scheme of things.

My basic instinct is to just take off. But to where? And do what?

It must have been close to one in the morning when I finally got up, went into the bedroom. I expected Debra to be asleep, she wasn't. Her eyes were red, so she must have been quietly crying.

"Get up, go take a shower." I told her.

"What? Why? I just...all right." She gave me a mildly puzzled look, but did what I told her. I sat here on the edge of the bed for a few minutes, then got up and went in and joined her.

She had a startled look on her face for a moment as I slid the glass door aside, then she smiled.

After drying ourselves off, we made love on top of the bed.

Normal. Perfectly normal.

+++

It's been a few weeks now. I have not mentioned anything at all about what Debra did, neither has she.

Rwanda has been by perhaps 3 or 4 times, just to visit. She really is a cute little gal, happy and bubbly. We both enjoy her company. There have been no massage sessions, no nudity, nothing out of the ordinary at all.

It really is one odd situation. I know for a fact that I could just walk over to Rwanda and reach out for her, with Debra sitting right there and Rwanda would not resist.

I am reasonably sure that Debra would not say a single word about it, and I also suspect that she is wondering if and when something like that might happen? It's almost like both of them are waiting?

But then, I don't need revenge. Certainly not revenge sex. Plus I am way too old to even think of beginning again. In fact, I really don't want to even try.

My Debra has also redoubled her efforts to please me, if that is possible at all. Still, I look at her when she comes home each evening, am I checking to see if there is some sign?

But, like always, she tells me all about her day, just like she always has. Except for that one time.

So things are all right, but in the background, there is still...

A bit of trouble in paradise.

12