All Comments on 'A Gift from The Bard'

by ScattySue

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
thalt992000thalt992000over 7 years ago
Hope there is a part 3

Love your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Fabulous Story, Beautifully Written!

Hallo ScattySue,

Good job love, I hope you're planning to enter "A Gift from the Bard" into the Christmas contest, ??

I'm giving it Five Stars and Two Hot Orgasms.

Thanks for sharing another one of your beautifully written story with us.

Gay Kat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another lovely story

A definite 5 stars - couldn't stop reading once I found the story. Glad to see Ripley favourited it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You always hurt . . .

Thank you for yet another wonderful diversion from the hectic week we have had. The scene in the gallery had me in tears, we have all said some dumb or hateful thing in a fit of pique or rage or some such thing, but only rarely to we get to atone. So many if only moments dot out lives, it was such a blessing to go along on a journey of redemption and love. Thank you once again.

rml65rml65over 7 years ago
Loved the story!

I'm so glad you took your time with this story. Bringing out all the characters and not rushing it! Thank you for sharing your story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmmmmm

Too long!!! Still written nicely but it just drag the story abit. The magic of them being being together was already good but it lost its touch as the story still drag along. I have read almost of your stories here... Heck I read Haunted and Sneaky back to back and I fell inlove with it... you hav the knack of having a good back story and not just have SEX on it. I wonder why this was rating abit lower than your other story now I know. Though it was a happy ending ... it was still not as we build as the others. Something is still missing.

I even like the 1st part alot too... by far the least one I like. I hate it as I love 2 things here 1) Emmy and Suze were Best Friends 1st 2) Its Christmas!!! Sort off.

Sadly, the length of the story lost me and the AWWW feeling I always felt at the end of your stories was not there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing

I liked all your other storys and this one didnt dissapoimt! A story about Kris would be cool

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow.

What a great story you have penned. Totally adored it. I haven't read the Mother Christmas one yet, but that's coming next. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My absolute favorite author

Your characters have the ring of truth, the fire of passion, and wisdom to spare. I look forward to each of your offerings. Thank you for touching my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The problem is,

your writing gets better and better, and the pieces longer (which I like). Which just makes it harder to wait for the next one.

PS. I seriously doubt that Bristle University would have had a course called "algebraic calculus".

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 7 years ago
Amazing, heartwarming

Dear Sue,

Your story is certainly not too long. Well, it filled up all my weekend, but what a lovely way to spend a weekend! A few minor editorial issues, Emmy's cousin was named Terri in A Gift from Mother Christmas and Frankie in this one, but this seems totally unimportant in light of the joy reading this gave me.

Of course, I appreciate that you provide this wonderful story for free, but I think you could have it published, it is more than good enough.

tygztygzover 7 years ago

Such a lovely tale.

Utterly enjoyable, and the format evoked the bard's writing though thankfully it wasn't in script format!

MaonaighMaonaighover 7 years ago
Follow that!

Congratulations, Sue, for another great story. Every time I read a new ScattySue tale I think "Well, try following that!" and you always succeed in following that. Characterisation first rate as always and you brought some nice human insights into this tale: the sense that a broken, renewed friendship will never be quite the same again; the various fears of the inexperienced young men; the egos of amateur theatricals. We've all probably met a Tati-type, the kind of person who is an ac-TOR rather than a humble actor. I see that in your final paragraph you've left a tiny element of doubt for the future of Suzie's and Emmy's relationship. Paving the way for another story, perhaps? Whatever, as always 'A Gift...' was sheer pleasure to read.

Brian

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Honestly, I couldn't read past page 6 because of all the different perspectives. It gets confusing and loses the mystery of how the other characters feel. I guess I'm just a one or two(max) perspective kind of person.

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
A wonderful love story!

So well done, I wasn't sure in the beginning.. But the more I read the more I was hooked! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Worth the Wait..

I read A Gift from Mother Christmas and waited for a sequel. That was awhile back and I can honestly say that this story was worth the wait. Everything about it was perfect and better than I imagined it could be. Somehow you just keep getting better and better. While others are complaining, I actually welcomed the length of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it!

Tatiana was especially well done. The way she carefully words every thing she says to be manipulative. There really is nothing wrong with some casual sex, and with an older woman who could provide Suzie with some great experience. She never quite said anything untrue and there were no outright red flags. Yet somehow there was some foreboding around her. That was impressive!

I liked the, what I'll call 'disparity of perception' that occurred with some of the characters, i.e. Suzie and Dan's initial different viewpoints on the night from Mother Christmas. I feel that should be used more in multi viewpoint stories. People remember things differently(factually not just interpretively). If you do another story with this format I'd love to see you toy with that idea some more.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Wonderful story!

Thank you so much for sharing this story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

rusty333rusty333over 7 years ago
enjoyable read

ScattySue, this was a very enjoyable read. thanks

jdm19612jdm19612over 7 years ago
Delightful!

I just spent a wonderful afternoon with "Suze and Emmy"

Thank you!

jpb531jpb531over 7 years ago
Amazing and Wonderful

ScattySue,

Thank you, so much, for sharing your wonderful gift with us. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bard's gift, and love the little elements of otherworldliness you slip into your work. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Worth it!

As usual ANOTHER amazing story. Thank you for sharing with us!

SamG33SamG33about 7 years ago
Great Story

Thank you for doing a follow up story, I really enjoyed it. I've read all your stories and I am looking forward to reading them all again. ๐Ÿ˜‰

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Superb

I loved this story. I felt that you really allowed the reader to connect with the characters. For me, relating to a character is a really important facet of enjoying a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bravo

You find and share the beauty in what is largely a painful story-- the fear and misunderstandings, Tatiana's abusive behaviour, etc. You write very well; it's not often a story on this forum that runs twenty-one pages can be described as too short, but I was sorry to see it end. While your "passing the gift on" ending could only be tacked on at Christmastide, you could easily have extended the story through their uni years and beyond, and up into the present (Christmas is an annual feast!); a case could be made for a novel-length book, ending with a middle-aged or elderly woman helping Mother Christmas pass on the gift to a frightened teenager. [Although there is something a bit comic about having "Mother Christmas" as the patron saint of lesbians, I think. Not bad, but comic.]

Do keep writing. If necessary, give up your job and go on the dole if it'll give you more time to write. It would only be fair to us, your readers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

I've read this story several times (as well as all your other stories) and I think it is one of the best on the site. My one caveat is the hint at the end they may not stay together after uni. It seems unlikely after the trauma they've been through to reach the stage they are at now. Perhaps you should let your muse lead you into a continuation of Emmy and Suzies story. Definitely five stars.

CochettaHDCochettaHDover 6 years ago
Another great story

Very well written. Relatable characters, and a great plot

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great great great story!

I really love everything in the story, and well the story itself. Oh, how I wish my parents would be same as Emmy and Suzie's. Keep writing though, I really really love your works!

Love,

anonymous lesbian girl

xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful story

Excellent. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sexy, smart, Shakespearean

This is a well-crafted tale about two girls finding themselves and each other. I love Shakespeare (though I'm ashamed to say I'm not as familiar with "Much Ado About Nothing" as I am with some of his other works) and I loved the way you developed the Shakespearean theme throughout the story: not only are the two almost "star-crossed" lovers part of a company enacting Shakespeare's play, they are also part of a Shakespearean web of crossed intentions and misunderstandings, both of themselves and others. But, as in any great Shakespearean comedy (have I overused the words "Shakespeare" and "Shakespearean" yet?), all works out for the best in the end. I also like the way, as in the bard's greatest works, none of your "villains" are wholeheartedly villainous, and none of the "good" characters are wholly angelic. A really lovely story, well-told. Bravo, encore!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Coming of age and coming out done well

Lived this.

jackie_emjackie_emalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Long story, but very well crafted. Lots of little subplots with their own challenges to the various characters. Very well done. Great little romance, and well paced.

There were a few typos. Also I was surprised that they only seemed to have two rehearsals a week for the play, at least until tech week. I've been in several Shakespeare productions, as well as other plays and usually had more like four a week. I directed a production of Much Ado About Nothing and performed in Midsummer Nights Dream, As You Like It, Twelfth Night, Tempest, and Cymbeline.

gpond49gpond49over 5 years ago
Wonderful long stories!

You nearly write books! Yes, this was long; but, don't stop! PLEASE!! So many

characters, so many subplots, all tied together in a beautiful tale of love, of growing, of discovery and of learning. I think maybe you should write books as well--I would certainly read them. This was a rich, well developed and captivating story covering some years in the lives of not only the protagonists; but, several other characters as

well. The detail and character development was exquisite. Thank you so very much!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
excellent story

Very well written in fact one of the very best, absorbing really enjoyed every moment.

RastanuraRastanuraabout 4 years ago
Very long

As they say I couldn't put the book down. Excellent story. Is it going to turn out that Kris is the one who talked to Suzie after the break up? Does she go around soothing broken hearts? Maybe you have a future story in there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another great story

I loved this. Must admit that I wasnโ€™t sure if I was going to like the format but you made it work. You always make your characters come to life and have a real talent for telling stories. Thank you.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

Its two in the morning and Iโ€™ve just finished it. You know your business Miss, your Bards jargon itโ€™s, I believe, flawless. The story is lovely. You are one great writer. We Thank Thee with great respect and public affection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The app did not post the whole story

Had to come to the website to finished reading it.

ukdukeukdukeabout 3 years ago

Read this in one sitting. It is 4.30AM!!!

Yet another beautiful romance story.

PartlyPartlyabout 3 years ago

As others have said, I stayed up late reading and paid for that at work today. A wonderfully delightful story with some many pieces to it. The point of view shifting worked very well. Also very much enjoyed it as a long read that I could really get into and enjoy. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Really excellent.

A really good read. Plenty of insight and I love the whimsical โ€œKrisโ€

Lots of characters both good and bad - and I do love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I did NOT read this in one sitting, unlike so many other people, but I kept returning to it as soon as I could for more! I enjoyed the multiple viewpoints and thought you handled them well. Your characters seem so real, too. I had just read the other โ€œA Gift...โ€ and felt from the title that they must be connected. You are certainly a very talented and interesting author. Thank you so much for this piece.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Thats one spectacular MASTERPIECE

This warms my heart in so mant different ways and even my soul is happy ..... Wonderful written

A beautiful tale and your talent writing this piece of Art ist extraordinary ....... Thank you for sharing and 5 stars are not enough ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very enjoyable. Really liked how well put together the dynamic geometry of a pretty large cast of characters, the 1997 period details and the insightful bits of emotional response

Runner4069Runner4069over 1 year ago

Really good story, I enjoyed it even though personally I cannot stand Shakespeare, I think it's awful, miserable crap and impossible to read IMO so I sailed through those parts and enjoyed the rest of the story. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Wow ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

teekjayteekjayover 1 year ago

Marvelous! Absolutely bloody marvelous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was marvelous. If this were a romance novel I bought in a shop, it would have been well worth the price. Thank you for sharing this. I am a parent with two adult children who are LGBTQ. I accepted them from the start, and before they came out we already attended a church with tons of openly gay couples and visiting gay clergy, and were family friends with a lesbian couple. Still, even I had to go through some questioning in my heart and mind, and the guilt at needing to do that soul searching. Your story was very reasuring to me. It really meant s lot.

storyman60storyman60over 1 year ago

A good soppy romance, extremely well told, what could be better? I enjoyed every moment apart from the Shakespeare, I must confess being forced to read A Midsummer Night's Dream at school put me off for life

S9808S9808about 1 year ago

As ever a brilliant story, full of expectation, hope and love. [and a bit of sex]

Despite Storeyman60 the reference to Shakespeare is great to the extent I have purchased a copy of Much Ado and Taming as I have never read them, but seen them live in Stratford-u-Avon and Stamford, Tolethorpe Hall. Just did not appreciate the nuances and deeper meaning. I will read in a new light.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was a great story, in this case the sequel definitely live up to the original!

Is there going to be a sequel to the sequel?

Thank you for a really good Story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why post books on site!!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Such a wonderful story, so well written,

Ten stars!!!!!!!!

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64310 months ago

A lovely two part story!

Did they stay together after university?

I would love to see their story continue.

You have a good writing style, very easy to read and your characters have a good feel about them!

Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As other commentsโ€ฆ. This is indeed a lovely story! And I really turned horny by the first sex between Emmy and Suze. Steaming hot! As other also suggest, Emmyโ€™s and Suzeโ€™s story deserves to be told! Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yes, definitely, please give us more about their story. (Love all the period details btw: I was a teenager of the 90s, and this rings so many bells.) Great writing!

dbetjedbetje2 months ago

A Gift from the Bard is undoubtedly my favorite literotica story and A Gift from Mother Christmas just adds to the enjoyment, you're truly a gifted writer, please come back as your sorely missed

cockswain69cockswain69about 1 month ago

Such a wonderful story, thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScattySue@ScattySue
1863 Followers
I love well written erotic stories: those with a good plot line and engaging characters so I try to provide those in my stories. Thank you to all those who have liked and commented on my stories; such feedback is both helpful and encouraging. Well, life has been getting in t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES