All Comments on 'The Cult'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Two Moms

I thought you were going to finish up the Two Moms and It's Only A Blowjob series. ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too Long

Sorry, but I don't have time to read War and Peace.

AhazuraAhazuraabout 8 years ago
THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

I think this was one of your best stories bar none. Loved the twist. Loved the charectars. Everything about it. Thanks for sharing and you have my vote.

-Ahaz

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wow - great story

I really love this story - and the finish is great ! I laughed hard.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
Into the Mystic ( suck it Van Morrison ) !

I didn't like the drug use, it sullied briefly the long awaited union with the sisters. Sort of how the most elite climbers and Sherpas disdainfully view using bottled oxygen to summit Everest. But I'd be a churl to deny how evocative and entrancing this story was . The number of pages was daunting initially but I detected no gratuitous sections.

The surveillance installment was creepy but it kept the suspense going in terms of how the narrator's character would shake out. There weren't any overt villains of substance so Joshua had to eye the bad guy mantle. Great read - yes I'm rooting for any number of sequels TTT had promised, but tales of this quality only add to number of this author's that intrigue and deserve encore exploration. I thank Tx Tall Tales for sharing.

Full marks. *****

neosamneosamabout 8 years ago
wow☺

What a fantastic narration and the twist. ..goddd u r great ...here I mean the author and not the god

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Tx Tall Tales is on my "top 10" list on Literotica, and this story is a wonderful example of why! This story is a sexy flight of fancy that I enjoyed from start to finish.

wolf9696wolf9696about 8 years ago
5/5

love ur stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A fun and very imaginative read

If I were make any niggling little comments, I would ask how Lily was able to circumvent all the security to knock on his door the first time.

The MDA use didn't bother me, as it did another commenter, as it is an enhancer, unlike a roofie or something like that. I don't think MDA would make anybody do anything they wouldn't ordinarily do.

All in all, a fine piece of writing that strains credulity a bit, but doesn't totally break it.

TalonDCTalonDCabout 8 years ago
Excellent

It's a tribute to your excellent writing that I trusted you and kept with it, as I was equally fascinated and disturbed the whole time. You've set the bar pretty damn high.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved It!

Especially the twist at the end. God (& His Mom) works in mysterious ways! (snicker, snicker ... )

Nthusiastic

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 8 years ago
AWESOME

Really enjoyed this one. I couldn't stop reading!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow

Dangerously erotic

davcaw48davcaw48about 8 years ago
Worth more than Five Stars!!!

I don't normally post comments but for this story I couldn't help myself. I absolutely LOVED it and feel that only being able to give it 5 Stars somehow cheapens it.

The character development was fantastic and the entire story was very descriptive and very well written. I loved the tone of cynical self-mockery throughout as well and there were many times I found myself chuckling, even having the occasional LOL moment! It must have been difficult to write this story with your tongue so firmly implanted in your cheek!

I must confess to having some concerns as the story drew to a close as to how you were going to finish it but that twist at the end was nothing short of inspired! Brilliant! Was there some divine intervention involved perhaps in coming up with it?

Thankyou for such a great story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Hilarious and Erotic

Almost didn't read this one because it seemed to be a bit strange. But it really picked up speed as it went along. Men plan and the gods laugh. Loved the twist at the end; did not see that coming.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinabout 8 years ago
Fantastic

Brilliantly done! Thank you!

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10about 8 years ago
Superb

Actually superb doesn't come close to how good this story is. The entire thing kept me engrossed from beginning to end. The funny part is I didn't know how you were going to end it until the last paragraph, and like Joshua, if I was wearing pants I would have shit in them as I laughed heartily. This is one of the best, and most original stories I have ever read on this site, and I believe you put it under the wrong category. It should have been placed under Novels and you would've had more readers attuned to it. Congratulations, Bob

DoctimeDoctimeabout 8 years ago

This was VERY well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Lmfao

This is some epic shit right there!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story but beware of the dictation software

Almost a perfect entry. The out of context dictation translation errors just hit a sour note.

cayoviolistcayoviolistabout 8 years ago
More, Please!

This has to be one of the most amazing stories I've read on here in a long time. I'd love to read what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Brilliant

Was almost too disturbing but you just managed to pull it off. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Cult Classic

You're living up to your namesake... definitely a Tall one!

NutRanchNutRanchabout 8 years ago
Lovin it

Welcome back. Easily up to your usual high standards. Creative, intriguing, and a dang good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story

As is expected of you

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well done ...

At first I was amused. Then I started thinking Joshua was a first class asshole. Then I started wondering. And then Joy arrived!

Bravo!

AngryBovineAngryBovineabout 8 years ago
Nice.

I would really like to see this one continue. Five stars!

RasmatRasmatabout 8 years ago
Absolutely OUTSTANDING.

I pretty much agree with NutRanch, and doubt any feelings would be hurt if a sequel appeared. Big Five. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
OMG!

LarsMacombLarsMacombabout 8 years ago

Wonderful!

I hated that this story had to end. Like the story itself, I was hoping that, by magic and divine intervention, more pages might be added, more details might emerge, and I would not have to say goodbye to these magnificent characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Awesome ! I was so caught up in the story i never saw it coming.

qbrennerqbrennerabout 8 years ago
Easily the best

There are many fabulous stories here on literotica, but this is clearly the best I have yet read. Concept, characters, plot, growth, details, intrigue, twist at the end... it is heavenly, in a most preposterous and wicked way!

BenLongBenLongabout 8 years ago
Absolutely Perfect

How did this not take 1st? Absolutely perfect (well, with the exception of a few minor typo's - doesn't it frost ya they way they keep showing up after umpteen proof reads?) The finish was perfect; just as I was beginning to think he had to be exposed as a fraud, that somehow he absolutely had to turn into a real shit head; hurting people where he'd said he wouldn't, conning people after he'd told them he wasn't, and suddenly it's all turned around with an unexpected wrinkle. Are you sure you haven't been a cult leader in another life, the way you perfectly portrayed him as a self centered shit-head con man? Fantastic story, and now I've got to go edit my favorites list as suddenly not much else measures up.

MarriedButWanderingMarriedButWanderingabout 8 years ago
Kudos! (-:

Yet again, our prolific author from Texas has outdone himself. Congratulations, Tx, for winning the April Fools Day competition - it was well deserved!! :-D It's just a pity the story had to end ... (-:

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great finish ;)

I had my doubts when I first started reading your piece, but in the end I became a believer! Nicely done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Does He speak to you, too???

Scary, but fun! Not scared, but thrilled to read such a well-put-together story! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Enjoyed the 'twist in the tale'

I thought the beginning (between the two sisters and Joshua) dragged on a bit, and the surprise (though not unexpected) ending seemed rather too quick. But God and Mary got the last laugh over con artist Joshua (who clearly was not getting the message!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Another 5 stars

I was doubtful when i started reading this but i have to say i'm rather surprised. I'd love to see a follow up with the rest of these inner circle members.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
A-Fucking-Mazing...

I so wanted to like him but knew the whole lying and scamming and tricking and whatnot made that almost impossible except in the "I couldn't help but like him" way...

Your way was the only kind of way I saw out, though I only saw the general direction not the specific road...

Loved it...

robonicholrobonicholabout 8 years ago
Your... Best... Story... Ever!

Damn! I'm impressed! I've read all your other stories and really enjoyed them, but this one is in a class all by itself. I would love to see this one on illustratedlovestories.com! Really looking forward to your next chapter of "It was only a blowjob"

MikeyStoneMikeyStoneabout 8 years ago
Best. Story. Ever. Period.

This was overwhelmingly amazing! From beginning to end a masterpiece.

Not only for the less than nice, but strangely likeable main character or the other amazing characters in it. I was incredibly curious how this would end and it blew me away. I mean, you did some great stories, but this beats them all. It's a class of its own and the editor's choice has never been awarded to a more deserving one. Also, it's a brave one with the topic and all. I kinda find it all the more amazing that it's so highly rated, given hoe uptight some people get about religion.

Thank you so much for writing this. Please let other things get out of hand as well. The results are mind blowing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More!

Please write more of this story! This was insanely well done. Keep it up!

KnightDomKnightDomalmost 8 years ago
OMG

Long time fan of your work but this is the best ever. I'm torn because you gave this the best ending I can image yet I still want more of these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Best Ever

Best ever and I've read them all, My, my my!

vannabaelvannabaelalmost 8 years ago

I haven't read any of your other work yet but after this I HAVE to. Incredible. Such a wonderful imagination!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
i was impatient

your story are too long and i stopped on page 10/11 where things got too boring and more unneccessary extra paragraphs about details(i got bored and tired reading out loud).. But then i returned lol and i loved it things got better and fun and interesting. And now i want a sequal..

cayoviolistcayoviolistalmost 8 years ago
Please Get Back to This

Including the (hopefully) obvious social commentary, you have an amazing foundation here for a series. I'll be waiting (not all that) patiently for the next part. This is an intelligent, semi-parodic look at people's search for meaning in modern society, and I can't wait for more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Amazing!

This story definitely needs 2 things:

First: a second part!

Second: another Software on this site that allows more than 5 stars.

No really, i got here by a tweet from a german writer, and i must admit this is the best story i have ever seen on Lit, and i read here a lot.

It's like every good book should be...

Only two things to correct: The dictation software had a hiccup here and there, those blips make it hard to understand for non-native english speakers like me.

And the second: It is too short! ;)

The end had a bit fast twist, nonetheless i loved it!

I haven't read any of your stories yet, but i'll definitely do, and i hope the others can compete with this one, although i don't think so, because The Cult is toppest of top class.

Thank you for sharing this Masterpiece with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WOW!

I think I have read just about every everything you have written but his is defiantly the best, hands down. This is far more than just an erotic story. I have noted a trend in your work of a search for fulfilling love, with numerous people in the center of a family that CHOOSES to come together, and the avoidance of that old enemy of love, jealousy. This is a worthy goal, even if it seems impossible to achieve in our hash "real" world. If you have managed to achieve a symbalance of this in your own life I applaud you and those close to you. If only it were the rule rather than the exception.

As a modern Pagan, I would like to see more of this family, and more on the cult of the Magdalene, and it's origins in early Goddess worship, and the various Goddess cults. ( even an erotic story can be an educational experience). It's apparent you have done your research on the subject. I might also suggest that you consider eventually publishing this as an E Book through one of the prominent outlets like Amazon.

Keep up the "really" good work!

Blesses Be

Frater Fafner

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
best god damned story on literotica

title says it all. good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
An award winning tale

Amazing. This is the best thing I've read in ages!

PreciousKitty82PreciousKitty82over 7 years ago
I CALL BULLSHIT

I'm sorry, I couldn't take it anymore.

This story started off really strong. The religious stuff didn't bother me because I can keep an open mind about off-hand topics that most people would normally avoid. Plus, I read a lot. I came into this knowing the direction the author would take, and the first 5 chapters didn't disappoint. I laughed and my attention was captivated. I couldn't turn away. It seemed as if this story would be...fun!

Until it wasn't.

I lasted all the way to the middle of chapter 11 before I made the ultimate decision to quit this lack of adventure, and I terribly hate I had to do it. After chapter 6 this story stalled. Horribly. Now, I do understand such a thing as a build-up before getting to the actual purpose of the plot but these chapters aren't short. I somewhat expected this thing to move at a steadier pace because--after all--this character does have NINE years of college experience. Seeing that there are 14 chapters, it shouldn't take 6 extended chapters rotating in circles about this phantom plan that is obviously going nowhere.

What bothers me most is your character's redundant actions. How many times am I suppose to read about him running so long until he can't walk anymore, only to get dragged to the shower, undressed, and bathed like a dead man? Or get repeated hand jobs at almost the exact same time in exactly the same way? Or attempt to beat these girls off his dick with the same lines? Other than the occasional blow-job what exactly is this character, Joshua, supposed to be doing?

Oh, running a cult. Right.

Which brings me to how this guy could actually run a cult if he's studying so much about Mary Magdalene but not ACTUAL cults. As avid a studier Joshua is, this should have been one of the first two subjects he'd have had to looked into. How can he try to add more females into a cult he hasn't really started while his first two characters haven't really been tamed? It seems as if Joshua's not running anything, but being run over. Also, shouldn't he have carried out all the necessary plans--remodeling included--to his scheme BEFORE he decided to move Bethany and Lilith into his house? And am I really to believe that the more experienced strippers, women who've worked the clubs/street scene long enough to know "game" when they hear and see it, are instantly be convinced of this scandal?

The older stripper hops in the shower naked with a guy who looks and acts as retarded as he does, gets undressed, and kisses him after he "comes to"?

I almost feel like I got played and I'm not buying into that.

Its little examples like this that make me think that this was one of those ideas in which the author kind of coaxed this thing on to get more reviews...which would explain why this story start lagging more and more in the middle. Ideas were running out, and it shows through the main character's narrative.

The part I love most about reading is being pulled into the scenario, so much so that I consciously inject myself either into the main character, the likeable counterpart, and their world. See, it's the feeling of being involved within what is being read that makes a story credible and exciting. I won't deny The Cult was written well, but it died by trying to be something it couldn't live up to. I could no longer support Joshua when I lost interest in Joshua. Lose the interest, lose the audience.

Didn't work out for me, I guess.

Fred78Fred78over 7 years ago
10 stars

The ending is a new beginning! Such a great story! The build up and extended middle was needed to give the story the ending you did that screams for a second story. Favorite story yet.

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 7 years ago
There's a line in the movie...

"The Incredibles" when, after saving seeing Violet save the rest of her family from the evil character's falling air ship, the neighborhood kid who has been watching the event unfold hollers out in surprise, admiration, and pure fucking GLEE, "That was WICKED!"

I can only echo his delight after reading your story. Allow me to exclaim, with pure fucking glee, "That was wicked!!"

Looking forward to reading more of your work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Joshua's character was familiar

About halfway through the story i started to feel that Joshua's character was somehow familiar, then it hit me. He's like Gaius Baltar from the Battlestar Galactica tv series. A totally self absorbed, vain but brilliant mind who does everything to get what he desires using any mean necessary believing that it is his right while in eery other aspects of his life he's just going with the flow and others can influence him almost like a child. He realises that he has power over people but every time he tries to use it for his own advance it backfires becouse he's playing a role that contradicts his real personality and he doesn't even realise this. The end of the story was simply perfect too, "You played the role of a prophet man, too bad you were the prophet all along". Just like Baltar in the BsG. Damn, now i want to watch all 4 seasons again. :D

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 7 years ago
@MelanPonca...

Sorry, but you have that quote wrong.

The kid exclaims "That was Totally Wicked!"

Yup - Totally.

This was a very well done yarn, and TTT earns every kudo for his very well done work here. 5* - as if there was any doubt.

qhml1qhml1about 7 years ago
Third time

And it's still as good as the first. This is without a doubt my all time favorite story by you. Just excellent.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Q

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This story is so good it deserves a sequel!

How do you come up with the stuff?! :)

qhml1qhml1almost 7 years ago
I'm a huge fan

All your stories are good, and a lot of them are great. This is without a doubt my favorite. The pacing, the twists and turns, the surprise ending, the sex, it's just about everything you want in a tale.

I've heard through the grapevine you're having a tough time right now. All you can do is hope for the best. You can get through it. I know. In the last fourteen months I've buried a brother and a sister, and yesterday my mother was laid to rest.

I had an experience literally minutes after she passed that gave me a lot of comfort and inspiration. I intend to write about it, once I get my head straight. I hope people take a little comfort from it.

Best wishes, you have my prayers,

Q

MindOverMattersMindOverMattersover 6 years ago
Beyond my expectations

I enjoyed the Boy Scout series, and thought it was the one I would measure others by, I was wrong. This story was a masterpiece. Great plot, great build, great background info, you achieved perfection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Very Good Read

The humor all the way through was really good. The story was a nice gentle development of the cult. Thank God you did not push Joshua to study the formation of a cult. He didn't start with a cult. When Kate showed up the last page seemed to be rushed although you made all the valid points. Did not expect the twist at the end. I am still smiling about Joshua's "wicked, wicked ways. This reminds me of a book I read many years ago by Errol Flynn titled "My Wicked Wicked Ways".

The repetition of some of the scenes was excellent backup to the cult development. This is a continual mind warp from beginning to end - I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

That. Was. Amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I was just thinking about

how I could get my very own cult going, when you shattered all my hopes by taking it out of Joshuas hands entirely. ;-)

Thank you! Clearly a 10 out of 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
HAHA!

Is anyone THAT stupid? Awful garbage.

WayPast21WayPast21about 5 years ago
Wonderful

I really enjoyed it, and the twist made me laugh happily. While I enjoy plot development, some of Joshua's ruminations felt long for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Understandable

I'd totally go with anyone in their car just to meet MCR

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 4 years ago
I stopped reading at page three

I can't vote on this because I haven't read it all. From what I have read, it seemed well written and the characters good. But the subject material was disturbing, and that's what put me off.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999over 3 years ago
Needs more than 6 stars

This was a weird one with a lengthy set up and tease but ended up as one of your finest works, which is amazing because you have so many great works.

I'd love to see a continuation with these characters and I'll buy ebooks by you whenever start publishing.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

nyteramblernyteramblerover 3 years ago

Oh man that was a good story and such a good twist at the end.

lord_jefelord_jefeabout 2 years ago

It might not have been a very sex oriented story, but it was quite possibly the best thing I've read on Literotica or elsewhere in the realm of erotica. Fleshed out more, & maybe add a couple more ladies (Perhaps Sister Divinity, the anal disciple) and I'd have bought it as an ebook off Amazon. I wish there was a better rating than 5 for this,

I thought I'd read all your stories, but I guess I missed this one. Perhaps I found it as an act of Her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the buildup story line and the twist at the end, but felt it finished much to quickly.

Publius68Publius68over 1 year ago

This is the longest story I’ve finished on Literotica, and it was worth it.

Genuinely literary and fun.

I love that the ending is less of a twist than it seems at first. You laid the seeds early, and several parts that seemed extraneous or missteps turned out to be those seeds.

Extremely well done.

blackknight314blackknight31412 months ago

Great job, thanks for sharing! Excellent!

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkerson10 months ago

Ok, this is a great story as it is, but it begs for a sequel. Or an epilogue.

romanwajdenfelerromanwajdenfeler8 months ago

One of the best out here at Literotica. Wow.

qhml1qhml17 months ago

This is probably the best thing you've written, and that's saying a lot. It's a shame you stopped posting, but your stories are still savored and discovered daily by new readers. Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, I wish you all the best

WoodencavWoodencav6 months ago

Wow amazing storey, what an imagination you have. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

rbloch66rbloch665 months ago

This is one of the best stories I’ve ever read. Sex, comedy, drama, mystery, Sci-fi, consensual non-consent, romance, and genuine love. It touches a lot of bases. No word of a lie, half way through I thought it was all going to come crashing down, and the only way he’d stay out of jail was through genuine divine intervention. Instead, I think he’s going to get screwed to death. All in all, not a bad way to go. The reformed stripper angle is seriously hot. A very enthusiastic 5 stars. I expect a sequel would be unable to top this, but I’m willing to be wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not sure why TX has stopped posting but I hope all is well. His stories are all amazing and this one is no exception.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20392 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).