A Valentine's Day Run Around

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lisa slipped her feet back in her shoes, stuffed the remaining articles on the inspection table back into her bag and ran towards the concourse shuttle train.

She arrived on the D concourse with two minutes to spare. Barreling down the concourse she nearly ran over an old lady who was creeping along in the middle of the aisle. Lisa never stopped running, but did turn around to apologize.

"I'm sorry." Her words sounded like she was in a tunnel.

SMACK!

"Oh fuck!" Lisa screamed as she tumbled over a wheelchair. A flight attendant was just entering the aisle when he saw Lisa. The wheelchair meant for the old lady she had nearly tackled showed no mercy for Lisa. Without time to pull the chair back or to backpedal, the flight attendant braced for the worse.

Had she had the wherewithal to hurdle the wheelchair she could have cleared it. Instead, her knees hit the armrest and she fell hard, landing face first onto her bag on the floor.

"You OK lady?"

Lisa kicked and screamed on the floor, "No! No! No!" She rolled her eyes as she looked up at the sky, "Is this your idea of a joke?"

The attendant helped her to her feet and picked up her bag.

"Where are you headed ma'am?" He asked politely, trying his best not to laugh at the spectacle.

"Don't you dare laugh, you hear me?" she threatened, then burst into laughter. "Well, if everybody else gets to laugh at me, I guess I do too." She brushed herself off and looked up for the gate numbers.

"You've got to be kidding me," she said, looking at 'D43' on the sign.

"That flight just pulled off," the attendant said, handing her the bag.

"I was this close," she held up her thumb and forefinger showing inches. "This close to making my night right."

"I'm sorry lady but the next flight isn't until 10AM tomorrow morning. That flight is booked so you'll be trying to fly standby. Good luck getting on that flight. There's another one at 2PM."

"No, that just won't work. I have to get to Las Vegas before then."

"Hmmm," the flight attendant put his finger to his mouth and began to think. "Have you ever driven? I heard if you drive fast you can get there in nine... maybe ten hours."

"Didn't think of that," Lisa pulled out her cell phone and walked to the pay phones to find a phone book. "Thanks! And thanks for not laughing -- well too hard at least!"

**

"Unbelievable," Lisa muttered slamming her flip phone against the shelf at the pay phone. "Not a single car available from any open rental company."

It was nearing the midnight hour and most of the companies had closed for the night. The few 24-hour agencies were completely sold out.

"Stupid Dungeons and Dragons convention!" Lisa screamed. "What adult still plays that game?" she fussed at the pay phone.

Lisa stuffed her hand in her jeans pocket, to look for her lip gloss, when she found Junior's number. "Hey, wait a minute. Wonder if ol' Junior would be willing to drive me."

Quickly dialing his number before she talked herself out of it, Lisa turned, grabbed her bag and started walking back towards the shuttle train to that would take her back to the main concourse.

"Yes. Junior? This is Lisa, uh Ms. Levine? Do you remember me? Oh yes, how could you have forgotten me, you just dropped me off. I'm sorry, I'm rambling."

"Hello Ms. Levine."

"Please call me Lisa."

"How can I help you Lisa?"

"Well, it seems as though I'm in a bit of a bind here. Security at the airport has done everything but the anal probe on me and I've since missed my flight. I was kind of wondering. Well, actually I was hoping that maybe you could help me out," Lisa held her breath.

"What is it you need?"

"A ride to Las Vegas," she exhaled and held her breath again, bracing for his response.

"As in Las Vegas, Nevada?"

"Well, yes, unless you know of another Las Vegas. How much would you charge me for something like that?"

"There is a Las Vegas, NM which would be far cheaper than Las Vegas, NV. And you want me to drive you in my taxi?"

"Do you have another vehicle?"

"I do. If you wanted to use the taxi you're looking at well over $1500 lady."

"$1500, are you serious?"

"You know, I have a cousin down there that I have been itching to see. If you split the cost of gas and meals I'll drive you down there in my car. Deal?"

"You're on! When can you pick me up?"

"Are you still at the airport?"

"Honestly? I feel like I'm on the moon. I've been poked and prodded. Laughed at twice and took a nose dive off a wheelchair. Remarkably, I'm still in the airport." Lisa laughed and shook her head.

"I've got to hear this story. I'm finishing eating on concourse C. Can you meet me on the main concourse? Of course we'll have to stop by my house to pick up some clothes and switch cars."

"Be there in five minutes."

"See you then."

**

The two drove to Junior's home laughing the entire way. Lisa detailed her trials and tribulations from when he dropped her off. Junior's stomach ached from laughing by the time they left his apartment and headed down the highway.

"I just have one more stop to make but it's right off the highway and won't take too much time. Do you mind?"

"Not a problem. Where are we going?"

Turning the steering wheel he replied, "This market right here," he pointed to an old shack of a building just north of the highway.

"Is this place safe?" she asked as she stared out the window.

"Sometimes you have venture out of your comfort zone Lisa. Besides, this is just about the safest place in the state. My aunt and uncle own this market. They grow all of the fruits and vegetables they sell here."

"Like farmers?"

"Yes, like farmers," he answered while taking her hand and helping her out of the car.

The smell of the home grown food hit Lisa's nose the instant she walked through the door. Inside she saw aisles upon aisles of food from apples and oranges to green beans and corn. Peaches, plums, carrots and celery covered tables. It was in the back that Lisa eyed the fresh strawberries. Her mouth began to water at the thought of eating them.

"Lisa, I'm done. Are you ready to go?" Junior called out from the front.

Lisa spun around and asked, "Do you mind if I buy some?" She pointed at the table of strawberries.

"Oh chile, get wat you want. No pay me. You a friend of ma boy here," the old lady's West Indian accent called back.

Lisa's face beamed as she couldn't hold back the smile. She felt like she was a kid in a candy store and almost skipped out of the market as she headed for the car.

"Thanks for everything!" she called out.

The two continued on their trip. It was extremely late and neither had much to say. Lisa felt comfortable with Junior but didn't want to fall asleep. She reached back to the backseat and grabbed her strawberries.

The first bite was sheer heaven. Sweet and succulent the juice dribbled from the corner of her mouth, down to her chin. She closed her eyes and thought,This is what they mean when they say it's better than sex.

"They're good?" Junior asked not taking his eyes off the road.

"They're better than good. They're fantastic. They're amazing. I've never had strawberries like these before." She licked her fingers after she placed the stem into the trash bag she had on the floor at her feet. Without hesitating she picked up another strawberry. Her teeth bit off the tip, and then she rolled the small piece around in her mouth with her tongue. Slowly she squeezed the strawberry between her tongue and the roof of her mouth, flooding her mouth with strawberry juice.

"Oh my God," she moaned as she swallowed.

Lisa took her time with each strawberry until she came to the last two in her carton. She left the two remaining berries in the carton, flipped the lid closed and leaned back into the passenger seat. With her stomach full Lisa found it more and more difficult to keep her eyes open. Opposing headlights became streams of lights, which eventually became complete darkness.

Lisa slept, and slept, and slept. Not once in seven hours did she even stir. As her eyes focused on the rising sun, she stretched her arms wide in an attempt to pull out the kinks.

"Sleep ti...?" Junior cut his question short as he turned and looked at Lisa.

"What?" she asked, running her fingers through her kinked locks.

The car swerved to the right. They barely missed a "No Littering" sign as Junior continued to stare at Lisa.

"Watch out!" she screamed as they neared the ditch along the side of the highway.

Junior slammed on the breaks and Lisa lunged forward in her seat. Her seatbelt caught her at the last minute, preventing her from cracking her forehead against the glove compartment.

"What in the hell has gotten into you?" she screamed as she fell back into her seat.

"Uh...you see.." Junior trailed off.

"Uh...I see you were trying to kill us!"

Junior's arm came towards Lisa's head. Lisa leaned back away from his arm, her back pressed against the door and one hand on the door handle just in case she had to make a quick get away. He flipped down the sun visor and opened the mirror on the opposite side. She tried to keep one eye on Junior and one on the mirror but found it to be an impossible task.

Keeping her hand on the door handle Lisa turned and faced the mirror. It was not her reflection in the mirror, instead, a brown face with huge red bumps covering every inch screamed back at her. Her screams scared Junior and he screamed. He screamed at Lisa, he screamed at himself, he screamed at the cars passing by. The louder she screamed, the louder Junior screamed and vice versa.

"What..." SMACK! Lisa slapped Junior's shoulder.

"Did..." SMACK! SMACK! Lisa slapped Junior again and again.

"You do to me?" she screamed, still smacking Junior.

He dodged and weaved trying to avoid her wild punches but the small confines of the car gave him a severe handicap. If her slaps didn't land against his skin he slammed into either the steering wheel or head rest. Swiftly, he grabbed both of her wrists. She tried her best to wiggle from his tight grasp but his overpowering strength was too much.

"You and those damn strawberries!" She cried out.

"Me?" He shook her, "I didn't tell you to eat the strawberries. You picked them out and you ate them like a starved child!"

"I know," she hung her head down and sobbed. "That comment was directed at myself."

"You women are so strange," he said releasing her wrists.

"Oh my! Are we already in Vegas? I can't go to Joey looking like this! Look at me!" She grabbed his chin and forced him to look at her face. "I look like the Elephant Woman! You gotta help me Junior."

"I'm not a doctor. What do you expect me to do?"

"Get me to a doctor dammit!"

Dust filled the air as Junior floored the accelerator and the tires spun in the sand. They hadn't reached Las Vegas; they were only miles into Nevada. The next sign said there was a rest stop with a first aid center. Junior pulled off and drove immediately to the center. There they directed them to the nearest hospital.

"All this shit just to get some ass," Lisa cried into her purse as they waited in the small emergency room.

"For a man huh?"

"Yes. I should have just stayed at home. Then I would have my car out of the impound, wouldn't have been humiliated by airport security, could have avoided the head on collision with a wheelchair and most importantly, could have saved my face the unnecessary pain of having an allergic reaction."

"All in the name of love Lisa," he put his arm around her shoulders. "I'm sure he would have done the same for you. I know I would have done it all for you."

"No, you wouldn't. He wouldn't either. Nobody in their right mind would go through all of this. At least not on purpose."

"For you, I'd do it ten times over Lisa. You're smart, charming, have a great sense of humor, and are beautiful."

"Did you see my face? There's no beauty in this. You almost ran us off the road I was so hideous."

He took her face in his hands, "Lisa you wouldn't need any steroid shot for me. You're beautiful with or without an allergic reaction."

"Lisa? Lisa Levine?" A nurse called out.

Lisa pulled herself away from Junior's stare. "I'll be right back."

"I'll be right here."

Lisa returned an hour later revealing her old face. There was still some swelling but all of the redness had gone away.

"Feel better?" Junior asked as he approached her.

"Yes, now all I need is a hot bath and I'll be one hundred percent."

"Well, lets get you to your man," he said as he guided her to the exit.

I thought he wanted me, Lisa thought to herself.Wonder why he's so anxious to get rid of me now.

The drive to Joey's town home was a quiet one. Lisa couldn't find the right words to ask Junior and it appeared to Lisa that Junior couldn't do the same. She fidgeted in her seat as she became more and more annoyed with the fact that she had now developed feelings for Junior. She thought he had the same feelings for her, especially after his speech at the hospital, but all of that seemed to have changed when she came back out.

Forget it, I have Joey and who cares if he's going to play this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde act with me, she pouted as she crossed her arms and looked outside the window.

"Well, looks like here we are," Junior said, looking at Joey's house.

"Oh, already?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I guess I better get going then. I know you want to hurry and get to your cousin's house."

"Sure. Yeah. Have to get to my cousin's," he sighed. "Look, if you need anything I'm staying at the Luxor Hotel. Just come. If you need anything, anything at all, I'll be there. OK?"

"Thanks Junior. For everything," she exited the car, walked to the front door and waited for Junior to pull off.

Joey didn't answer the door when she knocked so she knocked harder. When he didn't answer again, Lisa stuck her fingers in the flower pot on the porch, dug out the spare key and let herself in.

"Oh yes Daddy!" A woman's voice screamed out. "Please, give it to me like that!"

"Like that?" Joey grunted.

Lisa stood dead still as she listened to her boyfriend having sex with another woman.

Anger came first and her instincts told her to barge into the bedroom and confront Joey. Common sense intervened with the memory of his voice telling her, "I know you love me," at the airport the week before.

Of course, Lisa thought as she leaned against the kitchen wall.

Anger returned and she picked up the lamp that stood on the coffee table and kicked in the bedroom door. Lamp, lamp shade and lamp chord flew threw the air, stopping the fornicating couple in mid stroke.

CRASH! The lamp struck the headboard of the bed.

"Lisa?" Joey looked astonished. "Wha...wha...wha..." he stammered.

"Wha...wha...wha...," she mimicked back. "Yeah mother fucker you're busted. I went through hell and high water to be able to spend Valentine's Day with you and you're here boning some other chick? Fuck this and fuck you Joey! It's over!"

She turned on her heels and went out the bedroom door. Joey leapt from the bed and ran to Lisa, stopping her just as she exited the room.

"Look, I didn't know you were coming," he tried to explain.

"And?" she asked sarcastically, and then continued. "So since I wasn't expected you're free to fuck whatever else is around?"

"Hey!" the girl on the bed chimed in.

"Come on baby." He grabbed Lisa's chin and turned her face to his. "Don't be like that. It doesn't have to end like this."

"Oh really? What do you suggest happens then Joey?"

He nodded towards the naked woman in his bed, "She's bi."

Lisa raised her knee and thrust it deep in his crotch. "Now I'm saying bye." She picked up her bag which she had dropped by the front door, left the house and never looked back.

Lisa wandered the neighborhood until she found a major intersection. There she hailed a cab and headed for the strip. Within minutes she was at the front desk of the Luxor Hotel.

"Can you tell me what room Junior Bradshaw is in?" she asked the woman at the front desk.

"I'm sorry ma'am, we're not allowed to give out that information," she said not looking up from her computer.

"Look Ms., I've lost my car, been prodded by airport security, nearly broke my ass on a wheelchair, almost had an anaphylactic shock from strawberries and just found my now ex-boyfriend in bed with another woman. Do you think you could cut me just a little slack and tell me where to find the only human being that has been genuinely good to me?"

The woman looked around to see if anybody was watching or listening in to their conversations.

"I'm not supposed to, but he just checked in." She peered to the left and to the right. "Room 1408, but you didn't hear that from me."

Lisa thanked the woman and headed for the elevators. When she reached the fourteenth floor she ducked into the cleaning closet. She emerged from the closet with her bag and briskly walked towards room 1408, looking over her shoulder as she walked.

Once she reached the room she placed her bag on the floor, and rapped on the door.

"Who is it?" Junior called from the other side.

Lisa tried to alter her voice and accent. "Housekeeping."

"Housekeeping?" Junior asked.

She masked her voice again. "Yes. Housekeeping,"

Footsteps approached Lisa from the left and the right.

Click.

The lock on the other side of the door was removed and Junior appeared.

"Happy Valentine's Day," Lisa said.

A smile from ear to ear emerged on Junior's face as he scanned Lisa's body. She was dressed in only her red lace bra and panties. He pulled her into his room and wrapped one arm around her waist. Her face tilted as he leaned in, pressed his lips gently against hers and kissed her.

He pulled back slightly and said, "I'm not even going to ask what happened and what brought you to my room. I'm just glad you're here," he said and eyed her body once again. "And dressed in this."

"If you have another ten hours I'll be happy to tell you the story," she giggled.

"For you Lisa, I have all the time in the world." he kissed her again.

12