All Comments on 'Ægir’s Bride Ch. 04'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 9 years ago
Perfect

Your ability to describe their emotions is truly outstanding. Jealousy, love, self loathing and anger. All there laid bare, warts n all.

Perfect.

joodlejoodleabout 9 years ago
That'll work

Dang it MJ you beat me. ;) This chapter dragged a little bit for me, but I understand it was more about covering background and character development. It was necessary. But dang it I have been waiting to see Bjorn's pent up sexual inferno released. I know you won't keep me waiting much longer for that. Kirsty needs it bad, and if Mik is handing her off, can she get it from Bjorn instead? I loved the "Don't knock it til you try it" line from Olaf. The "baby brother" sure was acting like a baby, and that is really hard to respect. I am looking forward to Bjorn, but I'm also very interested to see where you will go with Sven. Will he focus on impregnation? Will he come to terms with love? As for Olaf, he is a good character. I tried to formulate a sexy older man that I would not mind hitting the sheets with, that has a Nordic look, and settled on Sean Bean with a coarse five o clock shadow. I could see a new series with him as the lead for damn sure. Hope that helps the ladies out there who struggle with "mature" stories. I have struggled, but then I remind myself, how old is Pierce Brosnan? Harrison Ford? Does it matter? NO. I just need to get the visual set up and I'm good. But I still think we should make the Olaf Petrine saga its own entity. Or taper it off and focus on the original 4.5 characters. You have so much to offer with your writing, I just want to make sure all the characters are done justice and that people aren't abandoning your story because it gets too confusing. Thats all. Keep it up!!!!

Tara CoxTara Coxabout 9 years agoAuthor
Joodle...

You missed my blog...

https://taranealeauthor.wordpress.com/

Olaf is a damned sexy Richard Gere at sixty plus. Although Sean Bean works too...as would the actor who plays Tywin Lannister (with a personality transplant of course). And you named a lot of HOT older men. Mine...is probably pushing ninety now...but Sean Connery. Hell, even Richard Gere has a ways to go with Silver Sexy to catch that man.

I will continue to place warnings...and let them drop if they must...BUT the stories cannot be separated. As is too often the case...almost always actually...the sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons...and daughters. Never fear it is likely that Rachel's journey will become its own novella.

ham_sandwichham_sandwichabout 9 years ago
Astonishing!

This is truly one of the most incredible series I've ever read here. Tara Neale, you really are "the one."

notusuallyshynotusuallyshyabout 9 years ago
Agreement

I'm in agreement with Masterfuljim the depth of emotion portrayed is breath taking and so real. I have enjoyed this story from the beginning but Olaf and Petrine/Rachel have added a particular poignancy for me. I'm a bit younger but not much and my first experiences of bdsm was over forty years ago too. Life in time changes everything, the drive for a career, for material success becomes a mundane/boring dissatisfying existence, . The only thing that still thrills every bit as much as when I was teenager is a good bdsm session and yes I enjoy sex more with each decade.

FindmywayFindmywayabout 9 years ago
Spectacular

Wow, what more can I say that MJ and usuallynotshy have already shared. You continue to amaze me with your brilliant writing. I love the inter generational interactions...I can't wait to see where you take each character - I know it will be an interesting, emotional, fun and sexualy hot journey for all ages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Perhaps a GREAT editor could save this?

But you've lost the thread and this just isn't interesting or entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
tbh

im liking this story more and more, its a story its encompassing everything and im enjoying it so please keep it up the lifestyle has many facets and all of it is important next chapter please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Am I reading what others are?

I'm sorry. But I really dislike this story. And the author is attempting to paint her characters as these strong women when what we have is a doormat who was abducted two days earlier and yet is somehow content to stay on and be abused at worse and at best be married to three men she doesn't know, to be burdened by a child who is not hers and to have the only person who stood up for her and cared for her punished and chastised and put back in her place for daring to "disrespect" her husband and sons. Really? And then we get blog posts that rant about sweet FA to do with all of the criticisms. The characters are bland and boring and lifeless. Kirsty is a sickly sweet girl who is so pathetically submissive it makes my stomach hurt. And the portrayal of the relationships is unrealistic and bizarre. I couldn't care less if the parents are screwing like rabbits and are old. Good luck to them. I can't see a single criticism in the comments about that. The criticisms relate to the characters doing completely unbelievable things and to the women being treated as third class citizens or possessions really, with feelings that are discounted and not valued because they happen to have a submissive nature. I'm sorry but I don't like it one bit. Good luck with the rest of the story. I hope it's playing out the way the author intended.

Rud1GirlRud1Girlabout 9 years ago
Awsome

Dear Tara

It has to have be noticed that the drivel that has been written as constructive criticism with few exceptions can only be attributed to Anonymous. Please add a donation button on your Webb site. I've brought all of your e-books and I truely believe in a 'quid pro quo' (absolutely terrible pun).

Yours 55 year old rheumatic kneeler Rudi

joodlejoodleabout 9 years ago
Sorry Tara

My difficulties with following the story are my own problem, and I will try to keep up with it. I have started reading some really good stories, but those that keep adding characters over the course of the story usually cause me to jump ship. I just can't keep my train of thought. With movies, it is easier to handle more characters because you can see AND hear them. But I am bad enough with names in real life. Trying to keep track of dozens of characters and each of their profiles is just too exhausting. I hope I can keep up with this one because it is amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
if you don't like it, don't read it!

Things in stories happen much faster than in real life. If you don't like the story look through the index and find something you do like. I love it. This is about working through past hurts and growing. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellant

I have been reading this series and although things might be happening quickly Kirsty is far away from home and was looking for a submissive relationship. She is ultimately ended up married to three brothers who are jealous of sharing her. I think that sub drop is very important for people looking to experience this lifestyle to be aware of and yes the older woman is now being brought back into the position of a submissive which she has been allowed to avoid for many years. Many in this story have made mistakes and they are learning from them but I feel for the older woman because even though she realizes she must resume her submissive nature, I think she will suffer punishment more than once to get right back to the submissive mindset. Although the old man is her Dom he is loving and caring but she still faces punishment and he knows it plays heavy on her mind to have punishment hanging over her head. The old woman has endured a mental punishment which is met by the old man in a loving and sexually demanding way once he feels she is calmer. That is a caring loving Dom even though the physical punishment is yet to come. He would like to come off as being very tough but he is hurting from neglecting his Dom duties over the years. There is a lot to this series of story and I look forward to more of the good writing and BDSM content to come.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 9 years ago
great story, Tara!

i've been enjoying this story very much, Tara.

you manage to give each character a unique 'voice', and i find it easy to follow the plot, and really feel for each and every one of them. that is quite remarkable.

the one thing that i don't really 'buy' is that whole 'outing their parents' thing. i mean, seriously. Petrin slept in that dungeon-ish bedroom all those years... their dads took them to clubs and taught them The Rules... i mean, come on. They knew. They may not feel comfortable *talking* about it, but to say they weren't aware of the type of relationship their mother had with their dad - i can't buy that.

anyways, i'm still loving this story. and while Mikael the Bad Boy and Bjorn may be the two leading contestants on your readers' hearts, i find myself solidly in camp Sven. the quiet, responsible one always did it to me... (of course i'd love to see some actual *sharing* action, too... they each have their draws!)

xoxo

late2thepartylate2thepartyabout 9 years ago
Still enjoying both story and blog

Sorry, can't get paragraph breaks to work.

Other commenters have remarked on the same things I find appealing, probably better than I can.

I'm not particularly bothered by the plot points that has Anon all steamed up. What I would like is for those who take your writing to task is for them to suggest alternatives which better meet their ideals. Granted this may not be appropriate on this forum, but I am curious to see what they consider quality story telling. In this case it almost sounds like someone just doesn't like Kirsty's character at all. That's Anon's problem, and has nothing to do with the writing style. Many stories find subplots (no pun intended) so it's a little early to say you've gone off track since we are working our way chapter one chapter at a time with no way to skip ahead.

Aside from this story, what I really am curious to know is how Doms/Subs would initially identify themselves and meet before the advent of the internet. Perhaps that's Rachel's story?

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 9 years ago
I applaud you for staying true to yourself and to your story.

It's just that my opinions are very different than yours. Your foreword seems very... defensive, to say the least. The majority of readers were not trying to get you to change your story, merely to get you to understand that their own opinions affect their enjoyment of the book.

I've said from the start that I'd love for Kirsty to be monogamous with Bjorn. Of course, I knew all along that it was never going to happen and I still chose to keep reading... but I also knew that I would enjoy the story more if it did. I said that Mikael's proclivities were too much for me and that I didn't enjoy reading about him with Kirsty. Never expected you to change it, merely to understand why I didn't enjoy those chapters. Last chapter, your beliefs about the role of the matriarch in her children's lives and submissive lifestyles, as opposed to play, were in opposition to mine. I never wanted you to change your story, merely to understand that because I could not suspend my disbelief that far, I was no longer immersed in the story and therefore didn't enjoy that chapter much.

Although this chapter was well written, I didn't really enjoy it. I can't say I enjoyed reading more about Mikael because I don't like the character and don't particularly care what happens to him. I would be upset if Bjorn or Sven were lost at sea. Mikael... meh. I'd feel sorry for the child then move happily on with the story. I didn't enjoy reading about Olaf and Rachel's sex life, not exactly because of their age, but because they are in a parental role. Yes, old people have sex. I hope to be having lots of sex when I'm old too. But I don't want to think about any parental figures having sex, in the same way that I don't want to think of any of my siblings having sex. It's just not attractive to me and therefore affected my opinion of the chapter.

Again, it is your story and I appreciate that you are trying to push boundaries. You should keep doing what feels right to you. I just wish that you wouldn't be so combative when readers disagree with you.

I always feel like literotica authors leave the comments on because they want feedback. Either because they want to improve their writing or because they are trying to use Lit as a platform to gauge public opinion before they publish- like hundreds of beta readers. In both cases, I would assume that authors would like honest comments, rather than just extremely high or extremely low ratings. Also, if authors are planning to publish, I would assume they would want to know if a large number of their target audience object to something in their book, as it could eventually affect sales. Forgive me if my assumptions don't fit with what you are trying to do.

If you just want to write, without feedback, may I suggest that you turn the comment option off? As long as the comments stay on, I will continue to provide feedback that reflects my opinions and my ratings.

I do really enjoy most of the book and hope that you take these comments to be constructive, as is my intent. Thanks for writing.

bearsladybearsladyalmost 9 years ago

A perfect, emotional, regretful, learning chapter. A little something for everyone, except Sven, but I imagine he'll be making a re-appearance before too long.

sweetone66sweetone66over 8 years ago
Very Good Chapter...

Being much older than the norm in this lifestyle, I probably enjoyed Olaf and Petrine's situation more than most. I like Mikael as much as I do Sven and Bjorn, and enjoy that you have given each of them a different temperament and a different kink and style! Do keep up the good work. This is a great series!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

PS

I wouldn't mind reading more about the "old folks" LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nailed it

Great addition to the story! Thank you.

Got to say I’m right there with you on challenging stereotypes and cliches, the Madonna : Whore complex is a topic I love to hate. I’ve never considered myself to be a feminist, in my opinion feminism often goes too far. I’m all in favour of equality but it has to be equal not positive discrimination.

In response to your trigger/ content warnings I do believe that SSC is a vital basis in bdsm. Safe words, as I mentioned in my comment on the previous chapter aren’t just for subs either, communication is way up there in the levels of what’s important. It’s vital for the sake of physical and mental health, for some it’s great if they never feel the need to use their safe word. Some subs will feel like a failure if they need to use their safe word so they resolve themselves to never use that option. Some “Dom’s” offer a safe word like blackmail, “if it’s too much tell me to stop. I will because we’ll be over”, now maybe they’re confident that they have ultimate self control and know what to watch for? Then again I’m just as sure that the wannabes are only saying it as emotional blackmail. As you pointed out we’re human and everyone makes mistakes subs and Dom’s alike.

I think one of my biggest gripes is that in stories it tends to go along the lines of the sub is always in the wrong even when they’re right;

Sub - epic rant about how X fucked up

Dom - I’m going to punish you for the rant

Public or private punishment ensues.

(the sub is left to simmer and doubt everything, self esteem plummets)

.

.

Dom - what you said was correct but how you said it was wrong

Whilst I agree that respect is important, it has to be mutual. People react in the heat of the moment fear, anxiety and adrenaline all come into play if a Dom wants mindless obedience then it can kill off whatever made that sub special to them in the first place. It needs give and take. The lesson of “its not what you said it’s how you said it” is important but how you deliver it is just as important. You do something, you’re told you’re wrong so you start internalising before too long you don’t have opinions or thoughts that’s first hand experience. It doesn’t take much for low self esteem to turn into self loathing.

Tess (UK)

Ps sorry I clearly have too much time on my hands, sometimes me brain gets out there on its own.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES