Heart Is Where the Home Is Ch. 04

Story Info
Awards season and Kate makes a move.
8k words
4.72
18.7k
33

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 03/11/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This installment has lesbian and anal sex. If that bothers you, skip the sex scenes.

*** Jen

With Ken's promo tour almost done, he didn't need me any longer. It was sad for us but we knew it was coming and he had Lainey and I had a new job with Kate Ferrell.

Kate and I were very close while she dated my brother. I was looking forward to her becoming my sister-in-law until she blew it.

We had lunches together and went shopping, it was like having a sister in a way. At one point Cindy expressed some jealousy, but I had no sexual interest in Kate.

I was looking forward to picking that relationship back up where we left off. Just because she and my brother broke up didn't mean that we couldn't be friends.

My first day working for Kate was supposed to be getting a feel for her needs. What it was, in reality, was her talking about Ken all morning.

She subtly and sometimes not so subtly, tried to get as much information about what he was up to as she could. It was uncomfortable and I had to stop it.

"Kate, how about if we go over your schedule for the next month?"

"Yeah, sure. Here's my phone—the passcode is 0531. See if you can sync our calendars. Make sure all the travel arrangements are made. Awards season is here so you'll need to handle all of that as well."

It should've set off another red flag that her passcode was our birthday. I let it slide figuring she simply never bothered to change it after their break up.

Kate had a light schedule for the first quarter of the year. She started filming a new movie in April on location in Vancouver. Mostly all I had to do was coordinate her dresses and styling for the upcoming awards shows and the logistics of it all.

I was glad for the easy workload. Cindy and I were in the middle of preparing for our May wedding and we were house hunting preparing for growing our family right away.

I walked into her home office and handed back her phone. "All set, Kate. I'll get on making sure everything is perfect for the awards shows and make sure you have all of the right invitations for post-parties."

"Thanks, Jen. I knew you were perfect for me. Listen, do you know if Ken is coming back for the Oscars? I'd like you to make sure I'm at the same parties that he attends."

"Why do you want that, Kate? He's engaged to Lainey." I hoped she wouldn't tell me what I feared.

She laughed and looked at me as if I were crazy. "He won't be with that farm girl for long, Jen. She can't handle being with someone famous and she's proven that already. I know they almost broke up over that reporter fiasco last month."

I had a sick feeling in my stomach. It was becoming clear to me that she hired me to be a mole against Ken. I had to play it cool and let her believe I was on her side. I knew that I was in the perfect position to reverse it and be a mole for Ken to protect him. I only hoped that she didn't take things too far.

*** Lainey

After Christmas, I gave my notice at the restaurant. Ken convinced me to travel with him as he wound down the last of his promo tour. It took us to Japan after the new year and then ended in Germany.

I was against it at first, but with what happened with the reporter and our subsequent engagement, I felt better about quitting my job and traveling with him. Besides that, Jen had gone to work for Kate so he could use a little help with the odds and ends of his travel arrangements. It was mostly confirming what Jen already set up for him before her joining Kate.

Ken was more excited than I expected to be done with it all. He felt that after the awards shows, he would be done with all of the Hollywood BS as he called it. I wasn't as convinced, but I took it in stride and I hoped he was right.

"Oh wow!"

"What, Ken?"

We were sitting in a coffee shop in Vienna, where he took me after we left Germany. He wanted to take me skiing and the resort was only slightly more than an hour away from Vienna, so we took a weekend trip to see the beautiful city.

"It looks like we have to go to the Grammies."

He had a wide smile and a gleam in his eye.

"Okay," I was surprised. He wasn't a musician, and couldn't sing a note.

"I produced the video for Devon's song on our soundtrack. It was just nominated for Best Music Video."

I jumped up and hugged him. "Holy crap! This is awesome. Congratulations, baby!"

We kissed and I got lost again in his embrace. Once we broke the kiss, I laughed and he raised his eyebrows.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, baby. It's just I didn't know you produced videos."

"Yep. Jim and I produced it and Vince James directed it. Vince directed the last movie."

"What does a producer do?"

"Vince did the heavy lifting. We came up with the concept and made sure the money was there, they stayed within our budget, people got paid, and the video fits the song."

"How many have you produced?"

"Just that one. It was an experiment for me to see if there were things outside of acting I could do to keep busy. Devon was all for it and Jim was so excited I had to bring him onto the project."

"I take it you didn't enjoy it?"

"No, it's not my thing. I thought it would be like the movies, where there are so many producers it would be easy work. It turned out to be more than I thought and was too stressful."

"I can't believe you did one video and you're up for a Grammy."

"Well, it certainly isn't because of what I contributed. It's a great song and Vince made a great video. I feel like I don't deserve it."

"It's still very cool. I'm impressed." I leaned over the table and kissed him. I couldn't believe he was so calm. I'd have been running all over the room high-fiving everyone.

"Jen told me that you were being talked about as an Oscar nominee as well. Do you think that will happen?"

He laughed. "No."

"I don't know. You had some pretty emotional scenes. I think you were amazing."

"Thanks, Lainey. I guess we'll find out in a few days. Nominees are announced on Monday."

I laughed. "You do care! You know when the nominees are announced."

He laughed and showed me his calendar, "Jen has it in my phone."

*** Ken

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do many more interviews but that was shot to hell by getting nominated for a Grammy. All calls that used to go to Jen were being directed to my office where I had a young kid taking messages and passing along to me anything vital. He was getting lit up and was tired of taking messages.

A few days after the Grammy news, we were having a late lunch when my phone rang. Lainey and I were talking about the house so I ignored it. Hers rang as soon as mine stopped. She looked and saw it was Jen.

"Go ahead," I said figuring it was important if she was calling a second time.

I watched her answer and heard my sister screaming into the phone as Lainey pulled it from her ear. Just then my phone started ringing again. I looked and it was Jim Steel.

"What's up Jim? I'm on a mountain in Austria."

"You son of a bitch, you did it!"

"What, man?" Just then Lainey screamed.

"You got nominated for best actor."

Before I could say anything Lainey jumped on my lap and almost broke the chair.

"Gotta go, Jim. Lainey just jumped on my lap."

"Atta boy! Congrats again, brother!"

"Oh my God! You got it, Ken!"

As she was kissing me, word spread through the cafe and people started congratulating me. My mind was racing and flooded with thoughts. I wished for a state of shock to have a moment to breathe, but it never came.

I was much more excited about the Oscar than I was the Grammy. I didn't feel like I did much to deserve an award for Devon's video, but being nominated for best actor was mostly my work.

Of course, without a well-written script and a strong director, I wouldn't have had a chance. I would have to remember to call and thank them as soon as I could.

Winning my Golden Globes and Fan's Choice awards paled to the Acadamy Award by comparison. The best actor Oscar was the top honor I could get.

I was taken by surprise getting the Oscar nod. I wasn't nominated for a Golden Globe so I didn't think I had a chance. The Globes are picked by critics and the Oscars are picked by my Hollywood peers: actors, producers, etc... I never got my hopes up about it, even with Jen keeping me in the loop with all of the gossip.

It was even rarer for action movies to get Oscar nods. Tommy Lee Jones for The Fugitive and Heath Ledger for playing the Joker came to mind, but they weren't nominated for best actor. I bet Jim was shitting a brick over me being considered the leading man for the movie.

I was shaking by the time Lainey got off of me and dragged me out to our car. She drove as I couldn't trust my hands.

My phone started ringing again. It was Kate Ferrell. I put it on speaker and heard a scream through the connection.

"Ken! I'm so happy for you. It couldn't have happened to a better person."

Lainey rolled her eyes.

"Thank you, Kate. I appreciate the call. I've got to run now."

I saw a smile begin to form on Lainey's lips.

"Yes, I suppose you and that—and Lainey have some celebrating to do. I'm sure you remember how we always celebrated."

I sighed and said, "Goodbye, Kate."

I hit "end call" and dropped the phone in my jacket pocket. Almost immediately it started ringing again so I powered it off.

"And just how did you celebrate with Kate?"

"You don't need to know that do you?"

I didn't want to get into my fiery relationship with Kate.

"Yes, Kinsey, I do."

Great! She called me Kinsey.

"Fine," I sighed. "She would let me fuck her ass."

"Oh!" I think Lainey regretted asking the question, I saw her lips purse as her smile faded.

"Don't think..."

"I don't think anything about it, Ken." She snapped. "What you did in the past is in the past."

I didn't believe her. She was too jealous of Kate and I had a bad feeling that she would want to try to one-up Kate, or at least compete. She didn't have to do it, of course. Kate was much more experienced sexually than Lainey, but I loved what we had together.

***

As we walked into the hotel hand in hand, she had a strange look on her face. If I had to guess, I would say it was fierce determination.

Before the door to our room closed, she stripped me and had her tongue as deep as it could go in my mouth.

"Wait! Stop!" I had to slow her down. Something wasn't right. "What's going on? This isn't you."

"I want you, now! You're going to fuck me first, then you're going to put it in my..."

"No!"

She backed away and was as upset as I'd ever seen her.

"What do mean, no?"

I took her hands and pulled her to sit on the bed with me.

"Lainey, you don't have to compete with the ghost of Kate. She's gone and I'm better off having you."

"But you celebrated with her..."

"Lainey, my love, what makes you think I want to celebrate today as I used to with her? I want to celebrate with you, not her. I will not do things I did with her, merely because you feel like you have to compete with her."

She lowered her head onto my shoulder as I continued.

"Honey, if you want to have anal sex, I'm all for it. I will not, however, do it with you just because Kate did. Hell, Carrie Stanton made me tie her up and flog her with a cane. Do you want that as well?"

She started laughing and pulled away.

"Did she? My mom always said she had crazy eyes."

Carrie Stanton played my girlfriend in the first two movies I did. She was a well-built and bubbly blonde, but there was something odd about her eyes. We never technically dated, but we hooked up while working together. She was written off and killed off on film when she asked for too much money.

"Crazy eyes or not, you get my point, right?"

She hugged me and said, "Okay. How about if we get a couple of bottles of Champagne, some berries, and some whipped cream. We can make it our celebration."

"Now you're talking."

"I'm sorry I got so jealous when she called you. I..."

"No, baby. No apology is necessary. You're my girl—now and forever. She should be jealous of you."

*** Jen

After I hung up with Lainey, Cindy burst into the room to find out what I was screaming about.

"Ken was nominated for best actor!"

She screamed and we hugged, jumping up and down.

"This is so awesome. Are we going to be able to go?"

"I have no idea who he will ask. I think he gets a pair of tickets and two more possibly. I'm sure he will take Lainey and Mom."

"Well, if he only has one ticket and asks you, don't feel bad. Take it and enjoy yourself. I'll go to a watch party or something and cheer him on."

I kissed her, tasting her toothpaste, and pulled her towards the bedroom. "Let's have some lovin', baby."

"Mm," Cindy moaned. "I like the sound of that."

We tangled in each other's arms and fell onto the bed kissing passionately. I enjoyed her shampoo's smell of green apples as I licked and nibbled her neck and earlobe.

Her fingers invaded my robe and made their way into my wet panties. She didn't bother removing them, she slid her hand down the front and fingered my hungry lips.

I had one arm wrapped around her underneath her shoulder, pulling her into me as I cupped her soft butt over her robe.

I moaned, "I love you," as I approached my orgasm from her talented fingers. As I tensed and quivered I pulled her tighter and lifted her robe.

"Let's get you out of this, baby."

Our robes were shed and I kissed my way down her tight body, stopping at a soft handful of breast. I took a nipple into my mouth roughly, as she liked, and sucked as hard as I could.

I felt the warmth and wetness between her thighs as I sucked and nibbled, enjoying her moans of pleasure.

I finally lowered my tongue to taste her fruit. I licked every crevice of her folds and rubbed her hard clit with my thumb. Her slick juices tasted heavenly as I lapped up as much as I could before taking her over the edge.

"Yes, Jen! Oh, that's it, baby!"

Her encouraging words motivated my tongue as I lashed at her button. My fingers twisted and curled along her walls, coaxing her to cum for me.

With my lips circling her clit, I sucked and licked as she shivered through a strong orgasm. She was silent, as she usually was as she came, but her body could never hide it.

Pulling me in with her hands and wrapping her legs around me, I felt her body continue to quake until she finally let out a gasp and released me.

"Mm, honey, you're the best. I love you."

I looked at the clock and shrieked.

"I love you more, Cindy. Come on. You're gonna be late."

*** Lainey

Taylor Swift stood on stage with the envelope in her hands, she looked amazing as always. I was thinking of how I wished I had her legs, when she said, "...and the Grammy goes to—'Ready for Battle', directed by Vince James, produced by Kinsey Greer, Devon Jackson, and Jim Steel, performed by Devon Jackson."

The audience cheered and Ken jumped up pumping his fist in the air. We all stood up and hugged each other. Abby and Jim were sitting to my left and Ken was on my right. Devon was a couple of rows behind us and hugged us all in the aisle. Vince couldn't attend as he was filming a movie.

The excitement Ken and Jim exuded as they walked to the stage was infectious. Devon was trying to act cool about it, but Jim and Ken were like little kids on Christmas day.

Jim pushed Ken to the podium first and you could sense Ken's shyness come out.

I had a tear in my eye as Abby wrapped her arm around my shoulder and we listened to Ken give his short speech.

"Woo!" He screamed into the mic making the crowd laugh. "I won't talk long, I just want to thank Devon for making a great song, my best friend Jim for all of his hard work, and of course Vince for putting our vision on film. Thank you to my sister for running my life so well, my mom for putting up with me not visiting enough, and my fiancé Lainey, I Love you, babe!"

"He thanked me!" I cried while Abby was listening to Jim then Devon speak. I had no idea what they said I was so shocked by the mention from Ken.

Abby turned to hug me as we watched our men walk off stage.

"Of course, he thanked you. You're his woman."

I wiped my tears and composed myself. At that moment, it all felt real. After months of worrying about us not making it, that small gesture made it all seem real and solid. One could say the engagement ring should've done that, but I couldn't help how I felt. He told the entire world he loved me, who could ask for more?

*** Ken

We were whisked away to have photos taken and you couldn't have knocked the smile off my face with dynamite. I was high-fiving anyone with free hands. Taylor Swift practically jumped out of her shoes when Jim and I kissed each of her cheeks at the same time.

Jim and Devon were hugging me as we were pulled in different directions to answer some questions and then I was rushed back to my seat for the rest of the show. Someone took the award and said it would be shipped to my address on file. I hoped it made it there, as after not caring much about the nomination, I was ecstatic over winning and I wanted that little trophy on my mantle.

Lainey hugged me when I got back and I saw that she had been crying.

"Everything okay?"

"You said you loved me."

I laughed and said, "Duh! I say it all the time."

"But you said it to the whole world who were watching. I love you so much!"

She gave me a dick-hardening kiss and whispered, "You're getting the blowjob of your life as soon as I get you alone."

Jeez! I thought. I didn't do anything special. I wasn't going to complain though.

*** Lainey

We finally got back to the room at midnight and we only did that because I pulled Ken out of whatever party we were at, against his will. He got hammered toasting everyone he saw. He must've drunk two bottles of Champagne on his own.

He stumbled through the door and fell onto the bed. "I think someone was supposed to get a blowjob," he slurred with a cocky smile.

Laughing, I asked, "Can you even get it up, drunky?"

I slipped off my shoes and the dress followed. Ken's eyes almost bugged out when he saw me standing in nothing but my smile. I had a Brazilian waxing done and was completely devoid of hair below the waist.

He snapped up into a sitting position and pulled me into him.

"You look amazing and hot! I'm lucky you love me."

"Yes, you are. Now, how about showing me how much you like your kitty's new look."

He set me onto the bed, spread my legs roughly, and devoured my pussy. He had no rhyme nor rhythm, no focused attack, he licked anywhere and everywhere. It felt wonderful.

His sloppy tongue-work caused the room to fill with slurping sounds which turned me on even more. I came three times before I tapped out and rolled him onto his back.

His face was slick with my juices and he had a smile on his face as his eyes closed. I hadn't even gotten his pants unzipped when I heard the snoring.

How poetic! I thought as I walked into the bathroom to clean up. My smile matched his.

*** Jen

"Hey, Lainey!"

I was standing outside of the spa in the hotel where we were staying, waiting for Kate to finish getting her services when Lainey walked up to me.

"Hi, Jen."

We hugged and I asked, "Time for your mani/pedi?"

"Yep. Ken's taking a nap and I need to make myself beautiful for the Oscars tonight."

"You're already beautiful, stupid. That stuff will only accent your perfection."

"Stop it!" She said laughing. She looked behind me and frowned.

"Hello, farm girl."

I spun around and saw Kate approaching.

"You better get the works done, sugar. You need all the help you can get," Kate snarled.

I was shocked at Kate's gall. I was getting tired of her bitchiness and always hitting me up for info on Ken and Lainey. I realized that she was obsessed with him, but she didn't do anything stalker-ish, so I merely kept an eye on her. Big mistake.