All Comments on 'I Will Be There'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story! I like sausage gravy and biscuits, also. Who is Joyce on page 1?

5

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboalmost 2 years ago

If i was Eric i probably wouldn't trust her to be changed for the Better cause her Friends fucked her boyfriend. there was no Will, on her part, to change. She was force to drop those friend & the fact the She didn't go to see him to have a date with another guy, another Red flag, She Is a walking Red flag herself

VickiT375VickiT375almost 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Long journey to the beginning of something new.

wheelman53wheelman53almost 2 years ago

Please continue the story!

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Nice love story. Loved the attention you paid to developing these three characters. Would love to see continue whith this with some stellar follow one covering their college and later relationship ups and downs like “The Girl from Ouchita” series.

Wonderful story and great attention to detail.

5 well deserved stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How can the character be a fan of doctor who and like what the franchise has become under chibnall/whittaker?They obliterated canon for ideological purpose.Otherwise,a very Nice story.

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

A couple of name changes but that’s par for the course with most authors on here so not a huge problem, and a nice romance to boot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very nicely woven. Loved it. 5*. Lovely by itself, but it is ripe for a sequel. Either way, it was great. Thank-you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Perfect! I know you’re going to leave us all hanging on this one but I still love your stuff. LOL! 5*

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Very well written story and I have to hand it to the Author that I have come to expect just that and is why I favorite his writings. Love, something a chosen few never really find in life because we chose to protect the world and it's Innocence through what our government calls war. Called war by those that profit from it, lol. 5 BIG FUCKING FLAMING WHITE STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done as always, Look forward to what comes next for them and your stories.

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

Kawaii und Romantique!

11/10 T.A.R.D.I.S.s!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely done, well written and with few errors. For info, it’s one areola and two areolae (or nowadays sometimes areolas). It’s also one testis and two testes.

HargaHargaalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding bit of work. Well done.

.

Cheers

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

Minor gripe.

Many authors (many many Jesus Christ many) stick their damn nylon fetish into every other story. It makes me feel like a 70 year old man is writing. I cringe every time the word shows up in a story and usually I stop reading . Cute story otherwise

Gumby603Gumby603almost 2 years ago
Wuss

Eric was a total wuss. Zero respect for him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

very enjoyable. i wish authors would not use the corny 'raised eyebrow(s) as much...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wish the guy continued to fuck both women. i know i'd want to...

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 2 years ago

Well written young mam, nicely done

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
I think that you covered all the clichés

Not as good as some of your other writing

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Very nicely told. I liked how Eric struggled to give Emily the chance she wanted so badly and then the slow acceptance of how she'd changed. Julia was a model mom, sacrificing her own short term happiness for her daughter when the opportunity presented itself, but the journey getting there was a lot of fun despite a some predictability. 4.5*, rounded up.

Wolfden999Wolfden999almost 2 years ago

a very fun story with a good plot. Moved well and was very enjoyable.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

Very nice. Close to, but not quite a slow burn. Different, that the RAAC happened before they’re even dating. It’s good enough that I’d like it to go longer, but must admit that the story was much more about rebuilding, than the happily ever after.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

Despite idiots like Gumby, this was sublime. Julia was the real hero here. A passionate woman who was in pain but who was an amazing mother and future mother-in-law.

She was as much the MC as Eric was. This was as much her power fantasy as Eric's.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

She blew him off when he was not a stud, now he is hot so she wants him back. Fuck Emily, just fuck that conniving, self centered little butch. Sorry, but I can't give you a five like I normally do.

This relationship is doomed the first time someone else turns her head and you just have to pray it happens before the idiot marries her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In reply to mordbrand. Give her a break, she was 14. I’m in my 60s and I still screw up relationships.

I think is a fine story, very well told.

5*

2Maria2Mariaalmost 2 years ago

Just a bit ...."would you please Mrs Robinson" ? still nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Emily finally got her head out of her ass, now maybe her "best friend" will be her husband and father of her babies...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Falling for a girl who ghosted you to hang with the in crowd seems like the prologue to many LW tales.

Ten-fifteen years later she's a junior partner at Dewey Cheatem & Howe telling him that she doesn't take him to company functions because ...

For her grandchildren's sake Julia better never regret pushing them back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If I voted, I would give this story a 1, for the simple fact that I hate when an author can't keep the names in their own story straight. Is it Julia, or is it Joyce? And I'm not going to tell you where it is. But as of 6/24/22 it is there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Tried not to let it effect my vote

I am 76 grew up to help family and friends for satisfaction of helping, only accepting money if necessary to preserve their self respect.

That was normal in society back then.

The MC lost points by worrying about lost party time with friends and then money from parents.

Didn't help that she was stroke fantasy.

Aunt 17 years older than uncle. Happy marriage until HE died first from heart problems.

Age is just a number. How you together handle life is test.

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 2 years ago

Fuck the punk ass haters🖕! Another good story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. So for those who think with an LW bent, don’t read romance.

Jack

larrys3dlarrys3dalmost 2 years ago

I'm giving it 5, because the story is still solid. But I thought the mother sacrificing her happiness for the daughter was a bit cruel. Selfless, true, but a cruel twist of fate.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Picked the wrong girl.....

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

Outstanding!! The raw emotion and depth of love is unmistakeable. I felt it turned out as it was meant to.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

I was enjoying it until Emily spouted off about liking the thirteenth Doctor. No true Whovian could possibly enjoy what those assholes at the BBC have done to the series, sacrificing good storytelling for far-left sermonising. Talk about a red flag!

Eric should've ghosted Emily after she fell in love with him. It would've been amusing to see how that self-centred, woke little bitch liked it.

gaforrestgaforrestalmost 2 years ago

@ powersworder....agreed indeed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@powersworder & @gaforrest. I’ve never seen a Dr Who (gasp) but I did think it funny that she thought the redeeming values of the new ones were gender, race and sexual orientation. I always thought that Dr Who was defined by character, intellect & creativity and whatever package those came in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, although a more of an ending / epilog would have been great

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved it, would like to more to the story.

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearover 1 year ago

I gave it a 5 for the writing

with the only notable mistake being the name change mentioned in other comments. If I was voting on how I thought the story should have gone as opposed to how the Author wrote it, it would have been a 4, too me it should have been 100% Julia or 'maybe' both share him but not 100% Em that it ended up being, but I'm not the author so I don't get a vote. Thanks for Sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wonder if he had had a couple more days with Julia; would he have become infatuated with her and rejected Emily. Julia seemed rational about there being no future with him. Would she have accepted getting "caught up" and bowed out? She didn't handle things very well later with the dance party and wearing spandex shorts and a tight tank top to make him horny for both of them. Despite her words, Julia didn't ACT like she would reject him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looking for a bit more. Part 2?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars! Joyce and Julia seem to be the same person. We really need another chapter, as so much isn't complete. That aside, it would be something if both women missed their periods, and Julia became a grandma... and a new mommy. Judging from what's written, his best friend Emily, would gladly be Mrs. Eric, not only his best friend, but her children would call him "daddy"...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful! Please write a part 2. Maybe Julia and Emily will both miss their periods... WHOOPS, i put love pee in the wrong place!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story, just not the ending. I'm a big fan of happy endings, or even very hopeful endings, but this one just felt...sudden. He makes a decision, they kiss, fade to black and roll credits. There were at least two more pages of them figuring out their friendship and working to make things work before they had "the rest of their lives" on the table. Other than the rushed conclusion it was a solid and enjoyable story.

Explorer72211Explorer72211over 1 year ago

I have liked a lot of stories, including yours, this story was well written, thoughtful, and told a story. Along the way, the players grew as you wished, and you came up with a story that taught lessons. The ancient Greeks would have loved your story as it fir their definitions of drama so well.

olddave51olddave51about 1 year ago

Oh please write a part 2 or tell us where we can find it?

Please tie it up I don't want to see the mom pregnant maybe some relative of Eric. might show up and fall in love with Julia.

Emily and Eric should be together please do it in another part.

I have read your "Silver Spoon" and couple of others you have published on kindle

5+ Stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No point in reading this if you haven't read it as the ending is incomplete. You will think I spent time reading 8 pages for it to just end like this??????????? I should have read the comments first before reading so I didn't waste my time. If you didn't read the comments before reading, then like me you now understand so many others reaction too.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I gave up on page 4. Emily is a bitch that isn't worth spending any time on.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Is it odd that I gave 5 star bcoz of the mother? I sure would like a part 2, of course with the inclusion of Julia.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Life happens.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Boring…fortunately I skipped to the last page halfway through page 1 to find I didn’t miss anything.

SorchakSorchak4 months ago

Automatic loss of a star for calling Julia 'Joyce' at the end of the first day. It was just the two of them, and there's no Joyce in the story, unless you changed her name when you were first writing it. It shouldn't be hard to keep her name straight in your head. Then there were the two brief, but annoying, POV changes where you slipped from 3rd person to first and back again. This is also something that shouldn't be hard to keep track of. Even easier to fix if you read your stuff over. I'm kinda surprised that you didn't end up with them all being together, since Eric first had the hots for Julia when he was younger, and Emily DID cast him aside. Imo, Eric bailed on Julia for Emily waay too fast. And she LET him. It doesn't quite jive.

Caldwel2Caldwel23 months ago

One of my favorite stories from one of my favorite authors. Agree that “We have the rest of our lives” would be far better coming at the end of a Part 2, say Eric and Emily succeeding in staying together while in college and only then committing to each other. Lots of possible plot twists in that….

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Read the first and last page…seemed to be enough. Not one of my favs, could use some editing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories