All Comments on 'Of Rivers and Religion Ch. 01'

by stfloyd56

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Hallelujah! A really well written piece of erotica. The writing is elegant and evokes great emotional depth, such that the erotic component of the story becomes a lovely embellishment...a flourish...rather than the purpose. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Word that comes to mind

Enjoyable but the word "pretentious" comes to my mind.

reinaldokoolreinaldokoolover 7 years ago
Erotic and erudite.

What a surprising and marvelous combination. Beautifully written and scripted.

BraidersBraidersover 7 years ago
Love your style

Thank you for a great story, fantastic writing. I felt like I was there.

mountaincat4mountaincat4over 7 years ago
A Zen koan

An excellent illustration of the question 'Is the glass half empty or half full?' When you've loved someone for the first half of your life and then lose them for the second half you must make a choice. Do you fixate on your loss and stay stuck in your obsession or do you feel truly grateful that you had a rare opportunity to share love for as long as you did? Only when you come to know that you cannot live in the past can you truly let go and move forward. When you are ready, the new will come to replace the old. But it will only come when you have dropped your attachment.

Very nice writing for two characters that could easily have been stereotypes of the young infatuated student and the distinguished older professor.

FuckingLadyLikeFuckingLadyLikeover 7 years ago
Thank you!!!!

Finally someone else gets it! This is the courtship younger girls want with older men. Be cultured, be intelligent, have conversations with us! This story is beautifully written and the the detail is amazing. A lot of other females who take on the professor/student subject will half ass it and have some generic topic that sparks the "private" conversation. Your description of Huck Finn is a legit thesis and is very thought provoking. I am a senior English major and if my very intelligent, polite, and handsome department head told me he was going to get one of my papers published I would die. Even more so if he invited me his house. This is the stuff dreams are made of. Keep it up! I can't wait for the next chapter! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

This is an amazing story and the writer's talent is extraordinary....

Thank you, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brilliant

Don't stop writing!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

This was posted before the Me-Too era. Whatever extenuating circumstances there may exist, the imbalance of power put the professor's conduct into the penalty zone. In the end, however you slice it, she was a 19-year old first-year undergraduate of very limited experience.

Sadly, I feel the need to express some misgivings about the quality of the writing. By way of background, let me refer to the stageplay "Million Dollar Quartet." One member of said quartet was Jerry Lee Lewis; whatever else he may have been, Jerry Lee Lewis was a consummate piano virtuoso. Whoever is cast to play Jerry Lee Lewis in Million Dollar Quartet has to pull off an exhibition of remarkable piano-playing skills. If the author is going to undertake to portray this paragon of prodigious scholarship, in the first person singular, he must be impeccably on top of the mechanics of language. Leaving aside the typos, I spotted two glaring grammar/syntax errors:

* A little more than halfway down page 3: "I shouldn't have tread . . . ." The correct past participle is either "trodden" or "trod."

* About one-third of the way down page 4: "Dave . . . lay me down in the center of the bed." The past tense of the transitive verb "lay" is "laid."

Sadly, I couldn't summon up more than 4 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userstfloyd56@stfloyd56
Thank you for reading my stories. I hope you find them both erotically charged, as well as thought-provoking. In the end, I'm just trying to tell good stories. I am an amateur, and I still have not figured out if I actually have any writing ability. I would appreciate if you...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES