All Comments on 'Saving Grace'

by golfirlathuli

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
The broken can be be repaired

It seems they are saving each other.

Aunt Maddie is good, very good.

The next chapter should be about how the physician is healed.

LynnesHusbandLynnesHusbandabout 9 years ago
Well done characterizations

Grace is so appealing I fell in love with her! Very well done. And bravo for not letting your leading man turn out to be a self-absorbed twerp. A delightful story for the reader because one gets immersed completely in it all. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent!

One of the best-written stories I have ever read on this site. Congratulations, and I look forward to your next submission.

golfirlathuligolfirlathuliabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank You for taking the time to comment

Thanks for your comments - I really appreciate them.

Perhaps "Maddie" does deserves a storyline of her own so thank you for the suggestion rightbank

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sociopathy for 'Aspergies'. Brilliant ! 5*

Beautifully written...very tight and cohesive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I liked it very, very much.

Truly a first rate story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow

Tightly written and/or tightly edited. You have strung together beautifully just enough words to convey the woundedness as it transitioned to healing and love. This was beautiful writing which included one of the most erotic lovemaking sequences I've read. Thank you so much for this gift.

golfirlathuligolfirlathuliabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thanx Everyone

I'd like to thank readers for the overall positive response to my first submission.

Someone once said, (to paraphrase because I don't remember exactly who or what), "The true art of the writer of fiction is to make us care deeply about people who never even existed."

If I've been able to do that even a little, it's very satisfying.

So, thank you - voting and ratings are nice and I appreciate them. I particularly value the time people have put in to make comments and suggestions which stimulate me to write more.

icebreadicebreadalmost 9 years ago
Five stars

Bloody good story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
beautiful

Beautiful story.

Please don't be a "One hit wonder".

golfirlathuligolfirlathuliover 8 years agoAuthor
Point Taken

I take your point about "one hit wonder"(s) but maybe some of us have only got one good story in us. We'll see I 'spose.

goodwritingfangoodwritingfanabout 8 years ago
The better Jamie

The characters and the story has more depth than the Lovecraft version. Although I read that story long time ago, I do remember everything about it. It was one of my favourites. But this has more soul and I'm a sucker for it. Keep up. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ditto

The other commentators said it all and I'm not going to try and improve on it. The best story I have ever read on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
????

What happened to the implied mysteries . . . . ?

I'm confused, nice story but there seemed much more was lost some where in the authors mind. I'm feeling left wondering how to give you a fair rating and be honest to me and you. OK, lovely story, no score from me. I won't mess with your grade but your story could be so much more.......bill

golfirlathuligolfirlathulialmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

I'm not really sure about this - for me the only "implied" stuff was about Grace's previous 2 relationships.

Given her "personality" - to me they were abusive/controlling and unhelpful to her.

I could have got all "Freudian" - repetive, critial and never-satisfied father figures but it didn't seem apropos.

I tried not to overdo the detail - hints and suggestions seemed better to me - "show don't tell stuff" to keep the plot moving.

Sorry if you felt misled/disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So sweet and tender...

Wonderful romantic story. I feel like crying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Is there really a truly fictional story?

I believe that so called fiction is only partly fictional. There are feelings, thoughts, reactions, experiences in an author's life that are modified, massaged, interpreted, communicated and shared by the author. "Saving Grace" is a masterpiece, and I do not use the term casually. I believe you write for a living or have an uncommon ability and should write for a living.

It is very unusual for a story to be so perfect in construction, character development, sparseness of words (which I absolutely love). You confidently march us through the tale, leading us with persuasive skill. We willingly follow, not knowing what comes next, but wanting to know more about the characters' emotions and more about their love and life together.

I thank you for sharing your soul in this piece and also for willingly replying to those who comment on your piece. May you have a happy and successful life.

Larry

MissedLifeMissedLifeover 6 years ago
Fantastic!

Can not wait to read more stories by you. My favorite stories are the ones that make me feel for one or more characters. When I truly care about them and think about them when the story ends. These characters were developed just enough and yet a bit of mystery remains leaving a desire to know more about them.

I especially like that even though more could be written, if this does not happen there is at least a conclusion.

Please keep writing!

TrinigyalTrinigyalalmost 5 years ago
Not realistic

You really glamorized sociopaths. This shit isn't realistic at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love this story

One of my all time favorites to which I return to re-read. Thank you.

MissedLifeMissedLifeover 1 year ago

I read this story two to three times a year. The sweetest love story in just four pages. It says everything about love in a hopeful, loving way. A must read especially around Valentines Day❤❤❤

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous