All Comments on 'The Valkyries'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
OverthefallsOverthefallsover 8 years ago
Credit for a wild sense of imagination

Technically well written. I seem to remember the Bi-frost bridge from the recent movie "Thor" and ancient Norse mythology. Likewise the Valkyries and Valhalla. But the mixture or idea of bringing mortals and turning them into immortal heroes in some mythical battle seemed a bit far fetched. I've enjoyed some of your stories in the past. This one was just a tad too far out there for me to enjoy. Maybe next time.

KethandraKethandraover 8 years ago
Thank you, Ogg

I always enjoy your mythological and legendary explorations. You manage to cram a whole world, multiple fight scenes and sex scenes, with time for flirty banter with a redheaded Valkyrie all in two unhurried pages.

Sir GalahadSir Galahadover 8 years ago
Why is Eric restricted to a No. 1 Mark 4?

You established Eric is a WWII British combat infantryman. You established he is a qualified sniper. So why could he have not have conjured a Boys antitank rifle? If a Marine Raider on the Makin Island Raid could take down a Kawanishi flying boat with a Boys (a matter of historical record), Eric could certainly use one to take down the evil enemies he, Britta, and the Valkyries face.

The portrayal of Valhallan sex left much to be desired, but apart from that you have laid the groundwork for what could be a really good novel. I urge you to plot it out and get it written.I would love to see more of Britta and Eric's adventures.

legerdemerlegerdemerover 8 years ago
Very nice

Well written, original, with a sweet mix of fun and sad memories. Well done! (My first complete read of one of your stories. I've been missing out.)

1handslapping1handslappingover 8 years ago
Sir Galahad

The idea of using a Boys is a bit excessive, I don't know as they are as accurate, and reputedly they kicked like a mule and unless you held them right you risked broken collar bones, so not the sort of thing to be firing multiple times in a gunfight.

The Lee Enfield has a spectacular rate of aimed fire for a bolt action rifle of the time, which you'd prefer to sheer impact and penetration (unless your target actually is a tank)

oggbashanoggbashanover 8 years agoAuthor
Boys Rifle?

By the end of WW2 the Boys Rifle had been replaced by the BAR. It was never considered a sniper's arm. The Lee Enfield was used by British Snipers in WW2 and beyond. But Eric couldn't have ridden a horse with a slung Boys. The length and weight of the Boys make that impractical. It is possible with a slung SMLE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Really enjoyed this! Well written and touching. Thanks for posting this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Wow this is great. Can you write part 2?

avidreader123avidreader123over 6 years ago
Loved it

Nice, short and interesting story. Well done, and thank you!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
Wonderful tale

I just discovered the OGG in the past few weeks and have grown to love the tales he weaves. This read was very enjoyable and I hope he continues on with his fantastic and interesting stories. Kudos!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...