All Comments on 'Tight Fittin' Jeans Ch. 06'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
bigbob2406bigbob2406almost 4 years ago

Both your current stories are very good. However, it would be so much nicer if you would make each issue longer. They are tales that need to be appreciated, and this is difficult when you are only letting us have small snippets at a time.

Tara CoxTara Coxalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Chapter size...

I am going to address this issue ONE more time...

First of all, 2,500 to 4,000 words is a very common chapter size in the erotica and romance genre.

Secondly, this is about natural breaking points and leaving a bit of intrigue/cliffhanger with the chapter.

Thirdly and most important, it is about pacing. I write between 2-3K words per day, much more than most writers. I am about ten days to two weeks ahead in these stories. Yes, I could combine chapters but if I did then you would go close to a week between chapters. I know as a reader how fuzzy details can get like that. You forget what happened earlier and have to go back and re-read things.

Currently, there are two interwoven storylines. There are soon to be FOUR. If I followed those suggestions, then readers would have one chapter per month or so in each story. With huge information dumps then even larger gaps of nothing.

The comparison here is to television or George R R Martin books where you are scene hopping in sequential order. It is the only realistic way to write these books.

For those of you who don't like shorter chapters, either read writers who meet your needs, there are loads of them to choose from on Lit or wait until I have completed ALL of these books and binge read them at once.

I do understand, honestly. I am currently awaiting several books in series from my fav writers. Who can't keep them coming fast enough for me. And yes, I do binge watch/read for those same reasons.

But no matter how many of you complain, it ain't gonna change how these stories need to be written - in order to make any fucking sense at all. It is what it is, folks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

Really enjoying the story and love the characters. Thank you for not making us wait too long between chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

loving the store i like the short ones and them coming every day keep up the way you do things

mugsymalonemugsymalonealmost 4 years ago
To Tara and bigbob2406...

You are both making excellent points. Like bigbob, I anxiously await the next chapters and would love to read this story in book form; however, they are presented in installments. We both have the option of waiting until you, Tara, post the complete novella; yet I've decided delayed gratification does not apply to your work! I eagerly indulge reading immediately. Some of the "stories" on Literotica are complete only because searches unearth older stories. Tara, may your frustration ease in knowing that new readers are continually discovering you and so your previous comments were never seen by the newbies. It is a credit to your writing that your readers are impatient. Thank you.

-g

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardalmost 4 years ago

I think that anyone who likes and follows a multi-chapter (y'know a REAL) story (with character development, a plot, etc.) wants longer chapters... I do too, but I do appreciate that you're putting the chapters out quickly and regularly, and there is a lot to be said for that approach, so I'm very much not complaining!

which means... a) I like the story, and b) looking forward to the next chapter which c) I won't have to wait too long for... it's all good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My thoughts

Well I’m all in favour of you writing what and when you want to, because it’s your story. Just consider the comment and virtual slap for those who make ridiculous demands, nobody a right to make demands of you or your time unless they’re your immediate family, dammit family asks they demand. Real life folks, kinda has to come first.

Tess (UK) stating what should be bloody obvious 🙄

PS still love your beautiful mind x

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES