A Gift from The Bard

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The audience is already thinning, packing up the chairs they brought and leaving. Mum and Michael are there, chatting as they look at the set and I can see Emmy's Dad studying the statue of Venus. "Mum!" I call, descending the steps from the terrace.

"Suzie, come here!" She holds out her arms to hug me.

"Well?" I ask. "What did you think?"

"I could hardly believe that it was my little girl on the stage; Suzie, you were amazing."

"You really were very, very good," Michael interjects, "The whole cast was. And the set and the statues... it must have taken so much work."

"It did but it's not as real as it looks. Did you like the statues? Emmy made them, and the masks for the ball scene."

"Oh they looked wonderful; Benedick in the monkey mask and you as the golden, er, whatever bird it was."

"It was a phoenix, Mum. It was sort of symbolic." I could say more but now is not the time to talk about my relationship with Emmy.

"I'm so proud of you Suzie. I also loved your character, Beatrice; I didn't know Shakespeare had created such a strong, clever female character, standing up to be the equal of the man. You really fitted the part."

"You're a good role model, Mum," I tell her and she laughs, and thanks me before looking at Michael.

"Hear that?" she asks him. "Well don't forget it!"

Emmy appears at my side and I look round for her parents. "Have your Mum and Dad gone?" I ask, surprised, and she looks a little dejected.

"Yeah. Dad thought the statues were good and he liked the masks."

"And your Mum?" I enquire carefully.

"Meh, I don't think she liked it much. She thought Beatrice a bit too outspoken, according to Dad, and didn't think the statues needed to be completely naked."

"Well, I think the statues are excellent. Suzie said you made them, Emily," Mum says to her kindly.

"Thank you Mrs Peterson; yes, I did, though I had help."

"Don't be so modest, Emmy; you know you did most of the work," I tell her and Emmy nudges me to be quiet, though she's smiling.

"Well, Suzie, you have the after show party now don't you?"

"Yes. I don't know what time it'll finish, so don't wait up for me."

"Really?" Mum smiles. "Well I'm taking this man out for a meal and something to drink, so maybe you shouldn't wait up for me!" and with that, she pulls Michael in and kisses him firmly on the mouth. He looks surprised but I can tell this isn't their first kiss. "Sorry," Mum says, releasing him, "but I thought I should take a leaf out of Beatrice's book."

"I'm not complaining, Kate," he assures her. "So where are you taking me?"

"Wait and see," she smiles then turns back to me. "You have got your keys with you?" she asks, "just in case I'm not back."

"Yes, Mum, so you can go clubbing until four in the morning if you want," I tease.

"I don't know about clubbing but I do feel like having some fun for a change. Have a good evening and really well done for the performance this evening. I love you."

"I love you too Mum," I say, returning her hug. "Bye Michael; take care of Mum, won't you?"

"I will. Goodbye Suzie and nice to meet you too Emily." Mum slips her arm through his as they turn and go, each picking up one of the folding chairs that Michael must have provided.

"I have the distinct impression that she is going to make Michael a happy man tonight," I say thoughtfully.

"Suze! You can't say that!"

"Why not? Michael's a nice guy, from what I've seen of him, and he certainly makes Mum happy. She's been on her own for years so I'm glad she's finally found someone."

"Yeah, but, you know, your Mum having... sex," she says with distaste and I can't help laughing.

"Emmy, how the fuck do you think we'd be here if our Mums hadn't had sex?"

"Well. I guess it's different for you: your Mum is pretty cool," Emmy says quietly.

"She is, isn't she?" I admit. "Of course, her being out does mean that the house will be empty. How do you fancy a sleepover?"

"You mean..?"

"I mean I want to make my girlfriend a very happy woman... if she'd like that."

"Oh god yes!" she gasps.

"Right. I've got to get changed so why don't you go to the hotel and find a payphone so you can tell your parents you'll be staying at my place tonight."

"See you in a few minutes," she says happily before turning and running off.

Chapter 9: Epilogues and Prologues

Emily

The after show party is quite good. Actually, and in other circumstances, I'd have thoroughly enjoyed it, even the inevitable speeches and thanks. There's a good selection of food, thanks to Ursula, Val and Peter -- not to mention the collected leftover cash from the visits to the pub -- plenty of drinks and music courtesy of a mix provided by Terri, the sound technician. The stage makes a surprisingly good venue with the different levels and steps providing seats while encouraging people to move around and mingle.

However, I am impatient for the end, as the thought of going home with Suze fills me with butterflies of anticipation. What makes it worse is that, unlike Beth and Joe or Ted and Lucy, I cannot publically show my love for Suze. There is, of course, the question of how the others in the company might react -- though they seem pretty relaxed about what appears to be some gentle flirting going on between Victor and Chris -- but more of a worry is the risk of it getting back to Mum, a risk I'm not prepared to take.

Nevertheless, Suze and I are pretty well inseparable as I count down the time until we can leave without being too obvious. When the group we're in start recounting favourite moments from rehearsals and productions past, my restlessness becomes too much and I excuse myself to go for a little walk.

I head for the gap in the trees where I can see the distant lights of buildings across the valley and a few faint, pale stars. The theatre lights behind me throw my shadow forward so each step is a hesitant step into a pool of darkness. As I pass from under the trees it becomes easier, my eyes adapting to the dark and the light of the moon, a few days from full, breaks from behind one of the scattered clouds.

The air is cool as I stand and look around. The landscape is monochrome, with the grass before me an intricately textured field of greys and blacks. I look up at the sky, the pale clouds and the bright moon, and breathe deeply trying to remember all the details of this night. I'm trying to imprint them on my mind forever in the way that the details of that summer's afternoon are etched into my memory: the blue sky, the tall, sun-yellowed grass, the sounds of wind and birdsong, the feel of Suzie's lips on mine as I leant in and kissed her...

I was so nervous afterwards, worrying how she'd react but she told me it was nice so we kissed again because she was right: it was very nice. I just wish that the idea of loving Suze hadn't scared me so much and then I wouldn't have hurt her. And now tonight and I want to do so much more than kiss her. Am I nervous? Oh, fuck yes! Am I excited? Beyond words. Am I ready for this? I think and hope so because...

"So this is where you're hiding." It is Suzie's voice behind me and then her arms wrapping around me. I turn in her embrace to hold her too.

"I was just thinking about you," I tell her.

"Were you now?" she asks. "And what were you thinking?"

"About the first time I kissed you."

"Ah yes, that beautiful day in the field and one of the best days of my life." In the dark, I can see the gleam of her teeth as she smiles.

"I want today to be even better, Suze. I want us to become the lovers we should have been after our party." Our lips meet and we hold each other close as lips part and tongues meet. I feel such a desire for this girl, my beautiful, wonderful friend, a desperate need to make love to her. Her fingers run through my hair as I grind my mound against her thigh...

The sharp crack of a twig makes us both jump and peer into the darkness. "Who's there?" Suzie calls. There's a rustle, then a shadowy movement. "Who's that?" she demands.

"It's me, Terri," a voice answers. Her dark clothes and short, black hair make her difficult to see until she edges from the shadow of the trees. I've not really talked with her as she inhabits the technical world of the sound systems. She's always seemed rather quiet and shy and little bit geeky.

"Um, and me." A larger shadow moves forward until I recognise Dan.

"Oh shit," Suzie breathes.

"Why were you spying on us?" I ask.

"We weren't spying," Terri retorts, "and you two weren't exactly hiding, were you?"

"Well, er, what were you doing in the bushes?" Suze asks.

"Guess!" replies Terri.

"And being more private about it than you two," Dan adds.

"What, just talk..." Suze begins but I interrupt her before she can say something she shouldn't.

"I guess we got a bit carried away," I tell them.

"That looked like more than carried away. So are you two together then or what?" Terri asks. Not knowing this woman makes it difficult to judge her words. I glance at Suzie but there's a look of resignation in her face that makes me worry.

"Um, yes, we're together," she admits, quietly.

"Cool. I did wonder about you, Suzie, seeing you with Beth. Is she bi?"

"What? No, er, definitely not."

"That's a pity; she's gorgeous," Terri says happily. I look at her in surprise; she's evidently not quite the shy, nerdy girl I thought.

"Sorry, what do you mean, 'a pity'?" I ask. "Are you bisexual?" I notice Dan's face and, even in the moonlight, it looks like the same question has occurred to him.

"Sure. I reckon most people are, a bit anyway, even if they won't admit it." She glances at Dan. "Don't give me that look, pretending you've never wondered what sucking another guy's cock would be like."

"What do you mean?" he says indignantly, though not entirely convincingly.

"I mean we should all just go with it: girls and boys, boys and boys, girls and girls. People with people doing whatever feels good, you know?" Suddenly I'm very glad she never made a pass at Suzie.

"I think I'll stick with girls," Suze says quietly.

"Me too," says Dan.

"Whatever," Terri replies.

"Um, you're not going to tell the others, about us, I mean." There is apprehension in my voice that I cannot hide.

"Not if you want to keep it quiet: it's your business, right Dan?" she asks pointedly and he nods. "We ought to get back; the party will be winding up soon. Do you want to come back to my place?" she asks him.

"Definitely," he grins.

We follow a little way behind them. "Are you okay?" Suze asks.

"Uh, yeah. You?" She nods. "Terri is a bit of a surprise."

"Yeah," Suze agrees. "I wonder what she'd do if Tati tried to seduce her?"

"I think Terri would go with it but then insist on tying Tati up!" I laugh. "Come on, let's go back."

There are signs of the party winding down as paper cups and plates are tidied away and the few leftovers binned. Nick calls for attention to remind everyone that he'd like as many people as possible back here at midday tomorrow to help dismantle the set. "I know it's a Sunday and it's been a late night tonight, but midday shouldn't be too hard for you all."

People start saying their goodbyes and Dan happens to pass nearby. Suze stops him with a tap on the arm. "Um, Dan, I... I wanted to ask if you'd not say anything, about Emmy and me. It's mainly for her sake: because her Mum, well... she could be very upset..."

"Suzie," he hesitates. "I won't say anything, I promise. I guess Terri is right: it's all people with people and who you love is down to you. Can I, er, ask; like, you being, you know, a lesbian... was it me, what I did..?"

"No Dan, it wasn't you. I think we all have our own sexuality and we need to learn what that is and accept it," Suze tells him and she's so right. "Thank you, Dan, for understanding. Oh, just one thing," she adds, lowering her voice, "if you, you know, make Terri cum, don't wipe it on her clothes..." she smiles.

"Look, I'm sorry; I shouldn't..." he says, upset but Suze laughs gently and continues.

"...because it's too nice to waste. Anyway, I suspect Terri will happily lick your hand clean if you don't want it." Dan stares at Suze but then smiles.

"Yeah, she does seem a bit... kinky," he admits, "but in a good way, you know?" He seems a little nervous and then looks over his shoulder as his name is called. "Oh, I think she wants to go. Bye Suzie, goodbye Emily. I like the mask you made me: A jackal, wasn't it?"

"Yes," I tell him, though it was supposed to have been a hyena. "I'm glad you liked it." I give a little wave as he walks away. "Do you reckon he'll keep quiet about us?"

"Actually, I think he will. I also suspect that Dan is in for some sexual experiences he's never considered; Terri seems to believe we're all bisexual."

"She may have a point: look at me."

"Oh, I intend to!" Suze replies with mischief in her eyes and her look hits me right in my pussy, instantly turning me on.

"Take me to bed, Suzie darling," I tell her.

She doesn't need a second asking and, with some shouted goodbyes, we're on our way. There's a slight chill in the air but the combination of excitement and brisk walking keep me from feeling it as we head along the drive and out on the road to continue downhill.

We talk a little, Suze asking whether my Mum really didn't like the statues. All I can do is shrug and repeat what she said. To be honest, I really don't want to think about Mum: the idea of telling them about Suze is just too difficult and scary to think about. However, I decided three weeks ago that I was going to follow my feelings and my heart and damn the consequences; I will not hurt Suzie again by rejecting her again because of my cowardice and confusion, I will be the person I am, not the one Mum and Dad might want me to be.

We turn into Suzie's street and, as we approach, the house is dark. "Is your Mum home?" I ask.

"I guess she might be in bed but she'd normally leave the hall light on, especially if she knows I'm coming home late. I think she's probably still out." She looks at me as she pushes open the front gate. "Emmy, are you sure about this?"

"Suze, love, I'm scared and excited and turned on all at once but yes, I am sure: I want us to spend the night together and wake up with you tomorrow. Well, later today as it's probably gone midnight by now."

"In the same bed? And... not just sleeping?" she asks.

"Yes, Suzie! And if we don't get inside soon I might have to start undressing you right here." I warn her, making her smile as she takes my hand, leading the way to her front door.

"The lower lock is locked so Mum can't be home," she says, but that doesn't stop her from calling out just to be sure. I close the door behind me as she turns the hall and upstairs lights on. "Bedroom?" she suggests and I nod.

It's been a while since I've been here. Her bedroom is smaller than mine and feels smaller still as the subdued light from her bedside lamp illuminates her books and boxes of stuff from university: saucepans, plates, bedding and the like. I look at her bed, the covers thrown back where she got up this morning. "Erm, yes, sorry about that. I'd have made the bed and tidied up if I'd known you'd be here now." I have to smile because Suze has never been the tidiest person in the world.

"Yes, but then your Mum would have been suspicious and wondered what you were planning," I point out.

"I think you're right. I'll remember that excuse in future." Our eyes meet. "So, were you serious about undressing me?"

"Yes, Suze, and you undressing me too." So we begin, taking turns to remove one piece at a time: shirts and then jeans. I struggle a little unfastening her bra and she teases me, asking if I'd ever actually undressed myself. "Hey, I've never removed a bra from another girl before: everything's backwards!" I complain but the truth is my excitement and nerves are making me clumsy. Finally freed, her boobs are gorgeous. I can't resist and my hands begin touching and caressing them as she reaches down to push my knickers down. I move my hands down to do the same to her as we begin kissing.

The edge of my fingers brush the smooth skin of her mound as I push the panties down to her knees... and I hesitate, edging back and looking down to see... "Shit, Suze, you've got a bald pussy!" I exclaim. "Do you shave?"

"Yes, but I only started recently. Do you like?"

"It looks... amazing," I tell her honestly. I want to touch it but I want her to enjoy our lovemaking and I'm worried that she'll think I'm too hasty, just grabbing at her sex; on the other hand, asking 'can I touch your pussy' at this point seems, well, a bit odd. My indecision is resolved by Suze wrapping her arms around me again and kissing me as I feel her nipples pressing into my boobs.

We end up giggling as we both wriggle to try and make our knickers fall. It feels good though, our bodies moving against each other. She makes hers drop but, in the end, I have to reach down to push them past my knees. As I finally step out of them, completely naked in the arms of my equally naked girlfriend, I am sure that this is what I want. Actually, it is just the start of what I want.

Our hands roam and the softness of her skin is wonderful. I press closer, desperate for the contact of her skin on mine. "Oh, shit this feels so good," I breathe.

"Come here, Emmy my beautiful girl," Suze says as she climbs onto the bed, drawing me with her. We shuffle to lie facing each other on the single bed and run my fingers through her hair as I bring my lips to hers and the kiss rapidly becomes deep and passionate. I feel her hand reach down behind me to cup one cheek of my bum, just as she had that fateful night. There seems just one appropriate response and my hand moves to cup her boob and I squeeze it gently, running my thumb over her now solid nipple. I didn't do that the last time!

The not-quite re-enactment continues as, with a slight move, our legs line up to let her press her pussy -- her amazing, hairless pussy -- against my thigh. As she presses and rubs I'm sure I can feel the lips of her sex open, smearing my skin with her wetness. I lift my top leg over hers, wrapping it around, so now my sex presses against her and I feel hornier and more aroused than I think I ever have in my life. Suzie's laugh is a surprise. "What?" I ask, wondering what I've done wrong.

"You really want this, don't you Emmy?"

"If 'this' is being your girlfriend and your lover, kissing and touching and fingering and making each other cum, waking up to do it again, spending days and evenings with you... then yes, I want this, all of it."

"Me too. Now, where shall we start?" With a gentle push, she rolls me onto my back and runs her hands over my boobs, bringing my nipples to rock hard points. "I love your tits, Emmy; so firm and the way your nipples narrow at the tips."

"Yeah, they are a bit weird and sensitive but they're titchy compared to you yours," I reach and give her right boob a loving squeeze. She leans forward and kisses each boob in turn and then the nipples. She repeats this and the kisses become gentle sucks, then longer, firmer sucks that feel incredible: my fingers never felt this good! Touching and playing with myself I'd often think of Suze -- actually, until the last few weeks, it had been trying to stop myself thinking of Suze -- but I'd never imagined just how amazing her hands and lips would feel.

Suze continues her sucking as her left hand caresses my tummy and I feel warmth between my legs. "Oh my god, my pussy is dribbling it's that wet!" I sigh.

"Good!" she laughs, "Perhaps I should check." She gets onto her knees, balancing on the edge of the bed, and I can't help the moan of anticipation as her hand slips down. "Emmy, your pubic hair is so soft," she says as her fingers tickle through it.

1...1516171819...21