Guardian Devil

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*

It was a thunderous crash.

Mason was soundly sleeping, dreaming of Iskra's naked form as his body reacted to the sound before his consciousness could catch up. It was as if his body was on a spring wound too tight as it flew upward and outward. He teetered on the edge of the bed before he himself made his own thunderous crash by unceremoniously falling to the hardwood floor.

"What the hell?" Mason groggily wiped at his eyes before investigating his alarm clock to note it was only ten minutes before he was supposed to wake up for school.

Another deafening boom echoed through the house. It had the sound of wood breaking, glass shattering, and the crackling of some electronic device being short circuited all in one.

"What was that?" Awake now, Mason stood and ran toward the living room and the sounds of destruction.

What Mason found was a more familiar noise that was usually restricted for when he was getting tormented by the opposite sex; the sounds of girls giggling. He also noted the complete and total annihilation of what used to be the living room.

Iskra and Celine were ten feet away from each other in what appeared to be an old west show down, though they were fighting bits of laughter.

"All right, try this," Celine chortled. As she finished those words, one of the last non destroyed items in the room, a mirror that hung above where the couch used to be, flew towards Iskra.

"Ha!" Iskra snickered, "Is that all you got?" Iskra stood and as the mirror came closer, it appeared to slow down, but not slow enough.

The sound of the glass breaking was followed by a hard thump as Iskra fell to the ground.

Mason ran to the love of his life, "Iskra, are you okay?" He knelt down and threw the remnants of the demolished mirror to the side.

Iskra was laughing so hard she snorted.

A befuddled Mason could only get out one word, "Huh?"

Iskra sat up, still a slight giggle in her voice, "You got to admit I almost had that one."

"Almost," Celine walked over, "Next time I'm confident you'll stop it completely."

"Aw, look at Mason," Iskra smiled. "He's as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar."

"Well, can you blame him? He walks in and sees the living room looking like Armageddon, and his girlfriend under a broken mirror."

"His concern is sweet though," Iskra leaned into Mason and gave him a soft kiss. As she pulled away, her excitement returned, "Did you see the mirror slow before it hit me?"

"Yes," Mason drew out the word, still unsure of what exactly was happening.

"And I did it without snapping my fingers!"

"Oh," Mason offered his hand, "So you were practicing?"

"And she's getting better," Celine smiled.

"Yes I am," Iskra put her palm in Mason's and he pulled her up. "Celine's a great teacher."

"Let me get this straight... You two are friends now?" Mason pointed at both of the girls. "But isn't that against... um... I don't know... the rules for you two?"

"Well, there aren't exactly rules or restrictions for an angel and a devil to be friends," Celine brushed off some debris from Iskra's shoulder, "though I am pretty confident it has never occurred before. I mean if someone, just yesterday, would have told me I would be helping a devil become more powerful, I would have thought them deranged."

"It's great, isn't it?" Iskra smiled as she put an arm around Celine's waist. "I've never had a girlfriend before. It's nice to be able to talk with someone who understands about heaven and hell, who won't judge me for being me."

"Iskra's a good person and I seriously think she was born on the wrong side of things," Celine threw her arm over Iskra's shoulder, "And she loves you. And as your Guardian, I approve."

"That is great you two are friends. Awesome that Celine's able to help you better your powers," Mason's eyes went wide as he held out his arms. "But tell me why did you have to do it all in my living room?"

The girls looked around at the pure devastation they caused and began to giggle.

"Relax, Mason." Celine rolled her eyes. "It's all under control." She then glanced at Iskra, "I'll take care of the living room if you take down the barriers." With that, everything that was destroyed began to put itself back together and in their proper place. "I'm going to make some coffee."

"Okay." Iskra tried without her catalyst at first, but resigned herself to her fate and snapped her fingers. "It's a work in progress." She then looked at Mason. "Sorry. We only thought to put up the sound and staying asleep barriers for your parents."

Mason looked around at how fast the living room put itself back together. "I'm still trying to get used to it when you use your powers, and now I have to deal with Celine too."

Iskra chuckled, "You love me, and you know it." She leaned in and kissed Mason's lips.

"You got me there."

The alarm clock sounded from down the hall.

Mason ran a hand through his hair, "I guess it's time to get ready for school."

*

The three became fast friends. They always hung out together; and were up for anything either of them wanted to do, whether it be shopping, going to the movies, or even Mason's computer games, which Iskra and Celine dominated. Celine even relented and allowed the couple some private alone times so they could increase their bonds. The three seemed to live in their own little world that allowed a human, a devil, and an angel to be happy with their shared company.

*

Counselor Phillips was leaning against the wall as he watched through the sea of people in the hallway at his new favorite pupil, Will Harrison. A smile swept across his face, knowing he fanned the flame of justice in the teen since the first day of school and how much he's been able to accomplish in a short period of time. It was enough to make a devil proud.

Counselor Phillips' eyes fell upon a student he had never seen before. He tilted his head as he peered at the raven haired teenager. He gave a soft chuckle as she started walking toward him.

"What brings you here, Morana?"

"Damn," Morana laughed. "I was hoping you couldn't tell it was me. I had walked right past Iskra and she didn't even give me a second look."

"Yes, well, my dear youngest sister, I am not Iskra."

"Point taken, Marik." Morana leaned up against the wall next to her brother. "I hear you are going by the name Counselor Phillips."

"Yes. And your cover name is..."

"Stephanie Clark."

"Great," Marik responded monotone as he glanced at his watch to show he was bored with the conversation. "Now enough with the small talk; why are you here?"

"Very well then," Morana glanced up to her brother. "Did you know Iskra is consorting with an angel?"

"I did indeed. The angel is nothing more than a Guardian, one of the lowest forms of angels. It's not as if she is one of Archangel Michael's Powers Angels. She poses no threat."

"Yes, of course. If you say so." Morana then smiled, "Father may feel differently."

Marik now looked over to his sister, "May?"

"Well, to be more precise," and Morana's smile became ear to ear, "Father is livid. So much so that he fed Hitler's soul to a Chimera. Again."

"Always painful," Marik laughed. "Father always does enjoy punishing Hitler."

"Yes, he does," Morana chuckled. "And now that Father has done that, he's on his way here."

Marik nodded slightly, "So that's why you're here. You want to see what Father's plans are for Iskra."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"And when will Father arrive?"

"Soon."

Marik slightly shook his head, "I don't suppose a report from me would help."

Morana tilted her head, "You really want to try to change Father's mind?"

"No."

Morana's eyes narrowed, "But you think Iskra's right?"

"Devils have desires, grant desires, and encourage desires; Iskra is only doing what she desires," Marik gave a faint smile," If you take that into consideration she, for the first time in her life, is acting like a perfect devil."

Morana thought about that statement for a moment, "Interesting notion. I doubt Father will see it that way."

"I suppose we will find out."

"Yes. I suppose we will."

*

It was a cool day in late October. The sun cascaded upon the fall foliage that was creating a rainbow display of differing red, yellow, and orange hues in what could only be described as a perfect autumn afternoon. Iskra and Celine were already outside the school and half way finished with their walk home when Mason came running from behind. He stretched out both his arms and draped them over the shoulders of both girls as he stepped in between them. In his right hand, the hand over Iskra, had a clear three prong poly binder that had a big bold red A plus written on the top cover sheet.

"So this is what Mr. Prill held you after school to discuss," Iskra smiled. "Congratulations."

"Yes," Mason proudly responded. "He said that my analysis of Napoleon and specifically the Battle of Waterloo was impeccable and that my paper was written at a college level." He then nudged Iskra, "And I did it without your offered help to do my homework with a snap of your fingers."

"Allow me to give my congratulations to you as well," Celine grinned.

"Thanks, Celine."

"Okay , Einstein," Iskra bumped Mason back but only slightly harder. "I just wanted to be able to spend more time with you. I mean your girlfriend is a devil that is able to get you whatever you want. I don't understand why you're still going to school. I don't even understand why we're walking, instead of driving the car I gave you."

"It's a nice day," Mason laughed. "And you're just mad that because I still want to go to school, you still go. But you don't have to. I told you I'd be fine."

"What? And just be bored all day waiting around for you to get home? No thanks."

Mason's voice fell from one of playfulness to a more serious tone, "I want to make something of myself. I want to be more than just your boyfriend."

"That's commendable, Mason," Celine glanced at Iskra, "I'm sure you wouldn't want him to come to resent you now would you?"

"I know, I know," Iskra smiled. "I really do understand. I just like giving him a hard time about it. It's actually one of the many reasons I love him. I know he will never take advantage of me."

Mason stepped in front of Iskra and faced her. "I love you too, Iskra." He then leaned in and kissed her.

"Iskra!" The name was shouted in the same way every annoyed father would call for his daughter, the first syllable a dull roar and the second, well; it was obvious she was in trouble.

Iskra shivered.

Mason looked at her curiously, "Are you all right?" He then glanced at Celine and noted that her relaxed stature had turned to a closed fighting stance.

At the same time, Iskra choked out the word "Father" and Celine mumbled, "Satan."

Mason's eyes went wide before he took a deep breath. After all, he wanted to impress. As he turned to face Iskra's father, he also shivered, unprepared for the large imposing figure that stood fifteen feet in front of him. The thick, curled horns surprised him most and proved that Satan didn't care if any humans saw him just as he is.

Mason took another deep breath to compose himself before walking forward.

"Mason," Celine cautioned. "As your Guardian, I do not recommend you going over there. In fact, I think you should get behind me."

Mason ignored the warning. He knew he was going to have to meet the demon someday and today might as well be the day. He strode forward until he was within arm's length of Satan and extended his hand to the devil, "Good afternoon, Sir. I'm Mason, Iskra's boyfriend. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Satan towered over the youth with an ominous smile. "So you are the young man that has corrupted my daughter." He accepted Mason's hand with a firm grip as he stared down Iskra. "I gave you a chance and this is how you repay me?" Satan thundered. Iskra's head shied toward the ground, as she had always been accustomed to doing in her father's presence. "I will teach you properly and will start with him."

"Huh?" Mason yelped as Satan's grip tightened.

Celine took a step forward, a stern expression in her eyes, "If you kill him, Satan, you will have to answer to God himself as that boy has done nothing in order for you to take his soul."

"No, you pitiful basement level angel," Satan ominously insulted. "I would not dare challenge the system God has created... But as in everything, there are always grey areas." His menacing laugh began to echo off the trees.

Iskra looked up with tear stricken eyes just in time to see her Father and Mason disappearing, "Father, please, no."

Celine stood in shock, "What just happened? Where did Mason go?"

"Purgatory." Iskra spoke softly and the word clung in the air. "Father didn't take his soul, he just took him so God can't get involved."

"Purgatory?" Celine exasperated. "We got to get him back."

"We can't."

"What?" Celine put her hands on Iskra's shoulders. "You're just going to let him go?"

Iskra looked back through reddened eyes, "We can't disobey my father."

"And you say you love Mason."

"I do love Mason!" Iskra stared back at the angel in shock.

"I don't believe you anymore." Celine shook her head, "Well, maybe you can't defy Satan, but I'm Mason's Guardian." Celine took a couple steps away with a determined scowl. "Purgatory," she snarled as she closed her eyes.

Celine opened her eyes to the horrific sight of corrupt souls crying out in agony for help from their eternal darkened prisons; each one reaching out through their ever present nightmares, all wanting her to be their salvation. What she was witnessing caused her to gasp, her hand coming to her mouth. Her head was on a swivel taking in all the dread until her eyes fell upon Satan walking in the distance. "Satan, unhand Mason!"

Satan turned, his hand clutching Mason by the forearm, "You, an angel, followed me to purgatory? You do understand you are not under God's protection in my realm?"

Celine took a fighting stance, "I am that boy's Guardian and will do as I must to protect him."

"You are courageous, Guardian. Stupid... but courageous."

As the words finished rolling off Satan's breath, he disappeared and instantaneously reappeared directly in front of Celine, one arm still grasping a struggling Mason and the other clutching a massive flaming iron club hammer whose handle was as large as a small tree and the club as wide as small couch. The head of the hammer was already arching down when he appeared and Celine didn't have a prayer in avoiding the immediate strike to her midsection.

"You Bastard!" Mason was still trying to remove himself from the devil's grasp as he saw his friend get thrown ten feet in the air before coming to rest face down on the ground.

"Relax, kid. An angel has impressive healing powers. She isn't dead." Satan then laughed, "Yet." He strode two steps to the fallen angel. "Hope you've prayed for forgiveness for all your sins," Satan then raised his club hammer once more.

"Celine, you've got to get out of here. Save yourself!"

Celine put her palms to the ground and struggled in her futile attempt to stand. All that was accomplished was her being able to flip herself over. Upon doing so, she understood her precarious position and saw the hammer on its way down to meet her doom. She closed her eyes and her body tensed awaiting the strike.

The moment seemed to last an eternity.

'Am I dead? Did God save me from the pain?' Celine was confused as to why she felt nothing

"What?" Satan roared. "How can a puny basement level angel, a mere Guardian have this much power!"

Celine creaked open her eyes to reveal the truth of what transpired. Satan was frozen in his actions; his hammer halted mere inches from her face. She sighed, relieving herself of the breath she was holding, "Thank you, God."

"No, it wasn't God. I stopped you, Father." Iskra's voice was stern and deterring. She walked forward, each step taken with purpose and the aura she was radiating was one of immense power and it caused her hair to flow in the nonexistent wind. "I will not let you hurt my friend and I will NOT allow you to harm Mason anymore!" Her black pupils dilated as she let off a strained thunderous roar, proof as to how much power she emitted.

Satan flew back twenty feet into a wall, the force causing his indentation to be embedded into the concrete.

Mason, however, momentarily hovered in the air before being set to the ground, now free of the devil's grasp. He ran over to Iskra and embraced her tightly, "You came for me. Thank you."

"Yes, thank you Iskra," Celine put one hand on her friends shoulder while the other grasped her pained stomach. "Sure took you long enough, though."

Iskra stepped forward and in front of Mason and Celine. Her eyes never wavered from her father.

"You dare challenge me, Iskra!" Satan removed himself from the wall and took a step forward before he saw a daunting sight. Iskra had an army behind her. An army of souls. Every soul that Iskra had befriended, had made eternal damnation easier, had made the labor assigned more tolerable, and had baked cookies for, stood steadfast behind her, resolute to follow any instruction she may order. He then took a hard look at his eldest daughter. She was powerful. He could feel her aura from so far away and he knew it had eclipsed not only both of his other children, but his own as well. She didn't even need her catalyst to create such raw power. 'Is that boy responsible?' He took a deep, shivered breath and the hammer he had held dissipated. "Iskra, my daughter," Satan's voice was now soft and he offered a slight smile. "If this boy is what you want, then I approve. I also approve of you taking over a third of the world, and you even have me considering leaving you as sole heir to my throne."

"What?" Iskra's eyes went wide at the statement. At the loss of her determined concentration, her aura level went back to normal; the souls she was commanding lost their focus and at the sight of the devil Satan, they ran back to their prisons. "Really?"

Satan watched as everything went back to normal and shook his head. "Yes, you have proven yourself worthy today. In fact, I believe with some maturation on your part, that your powers may one day exceed my own." He already knew they would.

"Father, thank you. I always wanted a chance at being a part of the throne." Iskra briefly gazed at Celine and Mason before looking back at her Father. "But I have decided it isn't what I want anymore. I want to create a shared life with Mason; he as a computer programmer, and I as a veterinarian. I want us to have children and grow old together. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you again."

Satan walked forward to his daughter and encompassed her in a heartfelt embrace. "I'm not disappointed. I'm proud. Go. Live your desires. You have my blessing. But know that part of the throne will be waiting for you whenever you desire."

"Sir," Mason nervously smiled. "Though we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, there is a question I must ask you."

Satan looked at the teen and held in a laugh at the boy's countenance. "And what question might a moral teen like you have for the likes of the Devil King?"

"Sir," Mason gulped, "I would like permission to marry your daughter."

Now Satan did laugh and he patted Mason roughly on the back, "Of course you may." His voice then became stern and injected fear, "But also know that if you break her heart, you will have to deal with my consequences."

Mason gulped again.

"No worries, Mason" Iskra kissed him on the cheek. "I know that will never happen."

Mason faced Iskra and a smile pursed his lips at the knowledge he would do all in his power to truly never let that happen. Not for his soul's sake, but because he truly did love her. He leaned in, sealing that internal promise with a kiss on her lips.